Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

JFK Hotel Recommendations (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Hotel Recommendations (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I suggest you have a look at the sticky post - the very first in this board that says 'please read first' - plenty of info there including hotel suggestions.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Jul 1, 2013 at 8:20 am Reason: edit
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: MPC GOLD
I did read it and the related links / posts have information more than 1 year old, therefore I was looking for either more updated information or experiences. If that is not possible to provide, that's fine, I was just asking the question. Thank you.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:07 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Lizzie_17
I did read it and the related links / posts have information more than 1 year old, therefore I was looking for either more updated information or experiences. If that is not possible to provide, that's fine, I was just asking the question. Thank you.
Greetings, Lizzie_17, and welcome to FlyerTalk!

You are certainly correct that we ordinarily ask posters to avoid posting to threads >2 years old. However, on the other hand, doing so will bump the threads in the subscription list for those who have posted previously and also keep information updated in one place.

In this case, although the last post is just a few days beyond 2 years old, I've made a judgment call and have merged your thread into the existing thread on JFK Hotel Recommendations. Thanks for your understanding!

In the event that information in a thread does become outdated, please feel free to let me know using the Alert Moderator button or via Private Message and I will be happy to do some reorganizing.

/Moderator
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by Lizzie_17
Hello, I am posting for the first time so please move the thread if it is in the wrong place.
I will be arriving in JFK at about 10pm (from HKG) and then flying out the next morning at 7am to MCO. I have MPC Gold and will travel on J CX award ticket from HKG and paid F ticket on AA to MCO, in case that gives me any lounge options. But it seems that any lounges close at 11:30pm so I could not use a lounge for the layover. In reading a few threads it seems that a hotel is the best option. Is this correct? If yes what hotel do you recommend? I see a bunch on the JFK airport site but if you have a preference please advise. Thanks!
I'm not sure about hotels, but if it's lounges that you're looking for, the Oasis lounge in T4 of JFK is open 24 hours (as per its website). I'm not sure if your statuses will give you access or if it's at a cost that is much cheaper than a hotel around JFK, but it's an option should you want to pursue it. It does state a 3 hour limit, so keep that in mind. Link here: https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lo...ge-detail/JFK1.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
... Oasis lounge in T4 of JFK is open 24 hours (as per its website) ... It does state a 3 hour limit, so keep that in mind.
I haven't flow out of DL's new T4 since it re-opened but the Oasis Lounge, from my understanding, has been moved airside - pass security (also stated so per website linked) so I think Lizzie won't have access to it (unless some FT can guess him/her in around 11:30 or midnight - CX arriving at T7 (shared with UA & BA) after clearing US immigration, reclaim luggage & go thru customs) Should be able to re-drop any checked suitcases w/o dragging them around. CX uses BA lounges airside but w/o valid BP - won't be able to get back inside (and it's usually open up until midnight or 1 AM with the last CX outbound scheduled departure around 1 AM) T7 is essentially closed after that until 4 AM and security/cleaning will chase everyone out if you are landing on a delayed domestic & won't let anybody try to hang around (maybe for weather or MX'd overnighters)

Morning's AA flight is at T8 and for the morning rush, there should be a dedicated F security line to speed thru) & time to stop at the AA "F" lounge airside.

Essentially for Lizzie, it's possible to ride the free AirTrain over and hangout landside at T1's for a few hours - not exactly recommended after a 16 hour non-stop and w/o a fresh change of clothes & shower, etc. (IMO) - so maybe shop around or Priceline a 3 Star hotel near JFK with free 24 hours shuttle (via Federal Circle's stop on the AirTrain, I believe) The Holiday Inn Express should run $125 to $175, taxes/fees/surcharges inclusive - travelers reviews are a mixed bag, as expected. Courtyard Marriott, Fairfield Inn by Marriott, and Hilton @ JFK are nicer but running around $200 USD & up - hotwire/priceline will have better prices depending on arrival date. Need a late night snack, just hit the lobby vending machines as there isn't much open & available nearby.

Otherwise, the general tips, info & details inside the Stickies are valid & good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.