Wiki Posts
Search

Boston - BOS to hotel - taxi cost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2005, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, HH, UA
Boston - BOS to hotel - taxi cost

Staying @ Langham next weekend. Daughter has always used shuttle & train from BOS to hotel.

I'm more interested in taking a taxi since we'll each have a small roll-aboard.

Current taxi cost from BOS to financial district would be appreciated (my search only found a '03 post w/ taxi info).

The following site states the taxi is $11.70 - but a friend said she paid about $30. Which is correct?
http://boston.blacksoftware.com/taxi.html

Thanks.

Last edited by jg2411; Feb 6, 2005 at 2:42 pm
Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:17 am

I've never had to go to the financial district from Logan, but would guess that your cab ride might end up being around $25 by the time you added in the airport fees and the tunnel toll fee.

Maybe the Logan/Boston hotel shuttle would work for you? http://www.massport.com/logan/getti_typeo_share.html
Old Feb 13, 2005, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
For a very current discussion in TravelBuzz http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397433
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SWG Plat
I travel from the airport to financial district all the time. It's about $18 if you're going TO the airport, and about $7 more if you're LEAVING the airport.

Cabs in Boston are ridiculously expensive. I absolutely hate the cabs in this city. Also, and do remember this -- NONE of them take credit cards. Be sure to have cash.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 12:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Agreed, ECHO. I used to live in Watertown, and to get from the airport to my house, I had to do two Subway transfers and a 15 minute bus ride. But the hour it took, and the trouble of dragging the luggage through Park Street was worth the $40 I saved on the cab. To get to the Langham, I'd guess something like $20-$22. The tolls make it something like $11 just to leave the airport.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 3:21 am

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold, US, Delta, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt
I recently took a cab from BOS to the Omni Parker House (on School Street), and from the Omni back to the airport. In both cases, the fare (including tip) came out to $25 (in each case, the fare including tolls but not tip, came to a little over $20, and I tipped $4 plus change). Although the toll only applies going into Boston, the drivers will charge you the toll when going to the airport because they have to get back to the city after they drop you off.

I've heard that some drivers will try to rip you off by driving in a circuitous route in order to run up the fare. So make sure that you've looked at a map beforehand and can at least act knowledgeable to deter the driver from pulling a fast one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.