Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Terminal B traffic?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former UA 1P
BOS Terminal B traffic?

I picked someone up from BOS (Southwest) around 10:30 p.m. yesterday for the first time in over 2 years. Traffic was so bad that it took over 45 minutes just to get through the terminal B horseshoe, and by 11:30 the TWT westbound was bottlenecked to one lane and set to close at midnight. Is it always this bad now, or did I just hit a bad night?

If it's typically this bad, are there any tricks to avoid it? I feel like I could have parked in Central Parking and walked to/from the terminal in half the time it took to drive the Terminal B horseshoe. Taking public transport wouldn't have helped. The busses including the terminal/blue-line shuttle were stuck in the traffic as well and making the traffic worse.

The experience was so bad that my guest is investigating rebooking her departing flight out of another airport.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:36 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
B has been dreadful for it seems more than a year. Having said that, we parked there in February for a trip on AA and got in and out of the garage quite easily on Wednesday morning/afternoon
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Whenever I fly into Terminal B (or pretty much any airport terminal anywhere), I arrange to get picked up at the departures level, rather than the arrivals level. In my experience, it's far less chaotic, presumably because most vehicles stop to drop a passenger off and then depart, rather than waiting for their arriving passenger to emerge from the terminal. I fly into Terminal B regularly (including this morning) and have never had a problem. (My home airport is now MSY, and all of my friends know to pick me up on the outer roadway of the departures level.)

Edited to add: Also, it would be the height of absurdity to change departure airports because one once experienced traffic at the airport. It's one thing in NYC when people avoided LGA because of the massive years-long construction project, but at least there JFK and EWR are reasonable alternatives for most people. In Boston, most of us don't have that same luxury, unless you happen to be close to PVD or MHT, but then your flight options are dramatically limited.
Yahtzee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.