Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Logan Airport Uber help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Boston Logan Airport Uber help

Hi. Anyone have experience with getting an Uber from Logan at 10PM on a weekday? Where do we meet, etc?
Arriving Delta. It is late and my daughter does not want to take a cab alone that late.
Thank you
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
When your daughter lands have her pop open the app and it will give her directions to the well marked App/Ride Share lot. In terminal B (AA/UA) it is right next to the taxi queue outside baggage claim. Lot is a “pen” for app customers to wait while drivers queue up into one of a dozen slots. Very organized at Logan. Presume Delta terminal is similar.

You’ll find more info in the Ride Share forum alongside Rental Car forums

Last edited by Segments; Dec 6, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:03 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving to the New England forum for further discussion about BOS / Logan Airport logistics.

/JY1024, TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I've had no problems getting Ubers at 10 PM or later at Logan. At terminal A, go out the doors from the baggage claim level, cross a couple of streets, and there will be a small parking lot for limos and ride shares. The ride shares will meet you on the far right side of that parking lot. It's well signed.
lindalogan likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:34 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Frankly, I'd trust a licensed cabbie trying to earn a living with my daughter more than some guy in an Uber working his "side hustle"
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Frankly, I'd trust a licensed cabbie trying to earn a living with my daughter more than some guy in an Uber working his "side hustle"
I’d trust them both.
lindalogan likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Thank you to everyone
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Hi, I just read this...must have missed it. Actually my daughter caught it. What do you mean "side hustle". I was sure that Uber did background checks on the drivers. Now I am a bit nervous about Uber
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Yes, Uber does background checks but how extensive they are is debatable. UberX drivers do not have a commercial license so it that sense it’s no different than catching a ride with a friend of a friend.

If you daughter wants safety, especially late at night, order UberBlack. These are licensed commercial drivers, like taxi drivers, and are therefore held to higher state licensing standards. It is also their primary job so they won’t do anything to risk losing their license. UberBlack is essentially the updated version of ordering a black sedan service which has been a common alternative to taxis and airport shuttles for many years. In fact, that’s where the first UberBlack drivers came from ... working for limo and private car services.

I find UberBlack drivers are more knowledge of the local area (on average, especially business traveler related destinations, vs relying on GPS) and more conscientious about traffic laws (because their license typically gets pulled at a lower point level) than UberX drivers. Versus a taxi driver, I feel safer with UberBlack because I have a picture of the driver and the vehicle license number which I can forward to “mom or dad” from within the app if I feel unsafe for any reason. And UberBlack vehicles are way nicer than any taxi cab!

I find UberBlack runs about twice UberX and usually on par with taxis. So I do use a mix of both depending on route and time of day.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Segments
Yes, Uber does background checks but how extensive they are is debatable. UberX drivers do not have a commercial license so it that sense it’s no different than catching a ride with a friend of a friend.

If you daughter wants safety, especially late at night, order UberBlack. These are licensed commercial drivers, like taxi drivers, and are therefore held to higher state licensing standards. It is also their primary job so they won’t do anything to risk losing their license. UberBlack is essentially the updated version of ordering a black sedan service which has been a common alternative to taxis and airport shuttles for many years. In fact, that’s where the first UberBlack drivers came from ... working for limo and private car services.

I find UberBlack drivers are more knowledge of the local area (on average, especially business traveler related destinations, vs relying on GPS) and more conscientious about traffic laws (because their license typically gets pulled at a lower point level) than UberX drivers. Versus a taxi driver, I feel safer with UberBlack because I have a picture of the driver and the vehicle license number which I can forward to “mom or dad” from within the app if I feel unsafe for any reason. And UberBlack vehicles are way nicer than any taxi cab!

I find UberBlack runs about twice UberX and usually on par with taxis. So I do use a mix of both depending on route and time of day.
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.