Wiki Posts
Search

Burlington in mid/late-fall

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Burlington in mid/late-fall

I'll be heading up to BTV with some friends in a little over a month or so. I've been to Burlington a couple times and have enjoyed it, but post-end of Daylight Savings Time and after the best of fall foliage - how would folks recommend spending the time? Not opposed to drinking great beer, but one can only walk the Church Street Marketplace so many times...
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Been there twice in the Fall, although not quite as late as you are going.

If you happen to be there on a good weather day, a bike ride along the lake front bike path is nice. You can go all the way out on the causeway although the ferry across the gap is unlikely to be running. We unfortunately did on a not so good day with very high winds ... fortunately we had rented eBikes which made it easier.

We found several like shop/museum/display combos in the area: Pewter, glass blowing, cheese, etc. The nearby town of Shelburne has more of these and a museum and a farm tour ... and more breweries!

Stowe is only about an hour away, which brings Ben & Jerry's factory tour, more little shops and museums and more great beer into play.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.