Search

Aircrart Arrival/Departure signs at BOS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Aircrart Arrival/Departure signs at BOS

Sure this is a pedantic post, but what's FT for if not for the pedantic!

Flying out of BOS last week, I noticed upon arrival at the airport from the Sumner that the signs directing you to the terminals read "Aircraft Arrivals" and "Aircraft Departures." I don't recall ever seeing that wording before, either at Logan or elsewhere; I'm accustomed to signs that read "Flight Arrivals" and "Flight Departures." Are these signs new or have I just never noticed before?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Most flights in and out of BOS involve aircraft of some type. (The major exception is short hops to Salem, Mass., on Oct. 31.) When the aircraft arrives/leaves, so does the flight, and vice versa. I think it's much the same at most other airports.
hi55us likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:27 am

They changed it about a year ago or so. The signs used to say the more common 'arrivals' and 'departures'.

Personally, the both ways seem perfectly obvious to me. But I have heard from at least one fairly experienced flyer that they get confused by arrivals/departures, because they see the signs as they are 'arriving at the airport', and think they should go to arrivals, not departures.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Efrem
I think it's much the same at most other airports.
Exactly. And yet most (all?) other airports use different terminology on their signage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.