Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Logan Terminal E Security?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Boston Logan Terminal E Security?

I've never flown out of E, and now have 2 international departures out of E in the next month. I'm curious to hear from people what the security experience is like? It looks like my TSA precheck will be useless as my airlines don't participate (assuming they even have that at terminal E).

My first flight out is on BA202 saturday night (10:40pm departure) and my other flight out is on JAL 7 on a sunday afternoon (1:30pm departure).

Any reports of recent experience would be appreciated.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:56 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
You're right that there's no PreCheck line at the main security checkpoint. There is a priority lane at the far left for business/first class passengers, though.

Regardless of time of day, the last couple times I've gone through E security have taken approx 15-30 min to wind through the line. I haven't gone through there this summer during the TSA cutbacks yet.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:17 pm

E can vary quite a bit during the peak times. The line can look quite long when you go to check-in, and be near empty when you go to security. Or vice versa.

But, I don't think E is too busy at the times of your flights. I wouldn't expect the lines to be longer than 15-30 minutes, but I would guess it would be less.

Overall, BOS has been fairly good the past few months. Nothing like the terrible lines at MDW, etc.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I wanted to report back in case anyone is interested. The main security line was stretching back past the check-in counters when I arrived at about 8:55pm. The first/business line was empty. Sadly I was in coach on this trip.

But regardless, it moved quite fast. It took me about 20-25 minutes to get through the line and past security. It probably would've been about 5 minutes longer if I went all the way to the back of the line rather than cutting the line when my co-worker, who was already in line, spotted me.

But holy cow what a disaster terminal E is past security!!!! It was an absolute zoo. Overcrowded, airline announcements going on over one another. Wow. it was mad crazy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.