Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Breakfast at Boston Terminal B

Old Oct 8, 15, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP ; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)

Arriving Boston at 8;15-ish, and taking the bus to Nashua from Logan. Have some time to kill, and was wondering if there were any decent breakfast options in the terminal, pre or post security. Particularly if any local fare was available that early within the airport area?

Thanks much.
Old Oct 8, 15, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by knit-in View Post
Arriving Boston at 8;15-ish, and taking the bus to Nashua from Logan. Have some time to kill, and was wondering if there were any decent breakfast options in the terminal, pre or post security. Particularly if any local fare was available that early within the airport area?

Thanks much.
You might want to check out Massport's site ... they list all the restaurants and retail using this link
Old Oct 8, 15, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neo_781 View Post
You might want to check out Massport's site ... they list all the restaurants and retail using this link
Nice, thanks.

Any recommendations?
Old Oct 8, 15, 12:25 pm

Nice, thanks.

Any recommendations?
If you are looking for "local fare" as you say, most Boston residents would point you to Dunkin' Donuts.
Old Oct 8, 15, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
If you are looking for "local fare" as you say, most Boston residents would point you to Dunkin' Donuts.
Ahh... and Massport suggests that said establishment is located at A,B,C, and E terminals!
Old Oct 8, 15, 2:14 pm

Ahh... and Massport suggests that said establishment is located at A,B,C, and E terminals!
Probably will be one on the bus to Nashua too
Old Oct 8, 15, 2:22 pm

Yup. There are 13 locations at Logan.
Old Oct 8, 15, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
AFAIK legal seafoods is the only locally represented restaurant, and not an obvious choice for breakfast...I wonder if you take the free bus to the blue line/maverick there would be "local" greasy spoons nearby, or if you have more time the water shuttle to the seaport would yield some more interesting options
Old Oct 8, 15, 3:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
Nice, thanks.

Any recommendations?
Is there anything more New England than DD?

Granted i had a blueberry muffin at the DD next to AAs gates and a blueberry was a cooked beatle instead. Luckily noticed before that bite
Old Oct 8, 15, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Arriving Boston at 8;15-ish, and taking the bus to Nashua from Logan. Have some time to kill, and was wondering if there were any decent breakfast options in the terminal, pre or post security. Particularly if any local fare was available that early within the airport area? Thanks much.
At the original AA Terminal B gates for BOS, there's a Starbucks far tucked in (around Gate 25, I think?). A DD also closer to the Admirals Club. But now that AA merged with US Airways, I don't know what's on the "other" AA Terminal B (that was formerly US Airways). lol.

Dunkin Donuts outside security at original Terminal B has been a huge plus upon some of my very late arrivals, however.
Old Oct 8, 15, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shawn02139 View Post
AFAIK legal seafoods is the only locally represented restaurant, and not an obvious choice for breakfast...I wonder if you take the free bus to the blue line/maverick there would be "local" greasy spoons nearby, or if you have more time the water shuttle to the seaport would yield some more interesting options
Now we're talking (no disrespect to the DD gang! ) ...

Yes, found out about Legal. They do a breakfast, that is mostly generic, but also have some omelettes with, say, a more local flavor. I am sure I can find a lobster omelette, somewhere her in NYC, but it isn't something I see a lot of. (There are three DD's in the five blocks around my address here )

I have about a little over an hour and a half at the airport. Is that enough time to go explore the vicinity for a meal at that early(?) hour?
Old Oct 8, 15, 4:28 pm

Here's another suggestion if you don't have (much) luggage and can start earlier. Take an earlier bus but to the South Station, find a place in downtown, then hop on a Silver Line to Logan. I know the bus stops at the South Station before going to Logan anyways, and it may be cheaper to do the one-stop even including the T fare.
Old Oct 8, 15, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by imapilotaz View Post
Is there anything more New England than DD?

Granted i had a blueberry muffin at the DD next to AAs gates and a blueberry was a cooked beatle instead. Luckily noticed before that bite
The real Maine blueberries are saved for export only...
Old Oct 8, 15, 5:59 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by Shawn02139 View Post
There's a free bus to the Blue Line of the T, but it doesn't go to Maverick. It takes you to the airport station, and you have to pay to travel further.

But there is a different free bus on the Silver Line which leaves from each of the terminals and takes passengers to the South Station (Amtrak) in a central part of Boston. There are some places to eat in the station, and many more within a short walk. The ride back to the airport is inexpensive, though not free.
Old Oct 8, 15, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, HHonors Gold, RC Rewards Gold, VIPorter
Originally Posted by JPG3392 View Post
There's a free bus to the Blue Line of the T, but it doesn't go to Maverick. It takes you to the airport station, and you have to pay to travel further.

But there is a different free bus on the Silver Line which leaves from each of the terminals and takes passengers to the South Station (Amtrak) in a central part of Boston. There are some places to eat in the station, and many more within a short walk. The ride back to the airport is inexpensive, though not free.
If OP goes to South Station there is a well known 24-hour diner nearby called South Street Diner, one of few all night options in BOS. I haven't been and can't give an endorsement but the place is quite popular and has stood the test of time.

Search this Thread