Wiki Posts
Search

Logan - Air Canada how early to arrive

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Logan - Air Canada how early to arrive

So I am going to be flying direct from Logan to Toronto on Air Canada. I know that at BOS, AC has their own little waiting room with absolutely nothing there. But I also know that it is an international flight. Having never done this in this direction before, how early do I have to really show up to have no problems? I will probably be doing carry on only.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:36 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Depends on the time of day. If it's in the evening or at night with tons of International departures, security lines can be very long. Morning or early afternoon, notsomuch

Have you considered Porter? If you're going to downtown Toronto it's SO much more convenient, and a much better product.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
This. Also they serve complimentary beer & wine on the flight with good legroom.

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Depends on the time of day. If it's in the evening or at night with tons of International departures, security lines can be very long. Morning or early afternoon, notsomuch

Have you considered Porter? If you're going to downtown Toronto it's SO much more convenient, and a much better product.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately they were also much more expensive this time around. Porter leaves from terminal E, which I have done before. Air Canada departs from and arrives at terminal B side 1, they have their own little area. So I wont be dealing with that whole mess at least.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Out of my Element

AC has their own security line. I have never seen it long.

I would get there 60 minutes before the flight and not be worried.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:07 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I didn't know AC left out of B.

Porter has at least a 40% off sale just about every day of the year. I think they stopped maintaining the thread here it happened so often. Yesterday's was 45% plus 15% more.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

I'm going up for Nuit Blanche. They may have been sold out. Besides, I prefer a E170 over a Q400.

Of course, I did NOT factor in the cost to get from Pearson to downtown!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The "new" train isn't that bad. It's under 30$ each way and can be as cheap at 40$ rt if you jump through a hoop or two. I'd take a PD Y over an AC ERJ-170 in Y for such a short trip. Already being in downtown & not having to deal with immigration at YYZ (even though I'm a Nexus holder) makes it worth it for me.

Originally Posted by Cloudship
I'm going up for Nuit Blanche. They may have been sold out. Besides, I prefer a E170 over a Q400.

Of course, I did NOT factor in the cost to get from Pearson to downtown!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.