Wiki Posts
Search

Any cheap hotels in the Boston area?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Any cheap hotels in the Boston area?

I saw a roadside motel near Peabody for $120 per night. Some places in town are $300-500 per night. Anything cheaper, like just under $100? I was even thinking of sleeping in the rental car and parking at Pease International Airport Maybe everything in Boston is expensive. I know their rental cars are expensive with taxes and fees more than doubling the cost of rental.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Major Boston hotels practice yield management. They're fairly cheap when there are lots of empty rooms and expensive during periods of high demand, including big conventions and major events.

Don't forget to also check across the river in Cambridge, but be careful that you're close to a subway station.

I wouldn't consider sleeping overnight in a car.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:39 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Can you give more info re: your timing?

If it's over the next few weeks, I'm not surprised; Boston has 50+ colleges in the area (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...politan_Boston), and graduations fill up hotels months in advance.

Otherwise, it's also possible that there's some major conference in town that's driving up demand for rooms.

But in general, I highly doubt you're going to find anything under $100 near the city; that's like saying "I want to find a <$100 room in Mahattan."
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:57 pm

At certain times of the year, bidding sites offer hotel rooms for about U$130 or so in Boston. The TA Boston folks are pretty consistently good at helping with this.

One of the hostels in Boston has private rooms for U$120/night right now, a high season because of graduations. They also have bunks in shared rooms. Look on the hostelbookers or hostelworld site. There are a few hostels I. The general downtown Boston area. Parking would be another problem though.

Roadside motels are often used by the welfare department to house families, or they may attract an undesirable type of clientele (drugs, fights, loud).
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:21 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Red Roof in Framingham is $102/night. Close to Mass. Turnpike, or a 15 minute drive to the end of the Green Line for a trolley commute in to the city
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:25 am

I have used HotelCoupons.com for last minute walk up deals. Between Boston and Portsmouth, there are various options for about $75.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:01 pm

I just saw a Red Roof Inn and LaQuinta for under $100 in Salem, MA on Trivago.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: DL GM / HH DIAMOND / IHG PlatAmb / AB Silv
I have a similar problem. Coming in from europe around 10pm, leaving for NYC at 6am. Donīt want to pay 250+ $ for those couple of hours. Last option would be sleeping/resting at the airport. Any other suggestions? Dates 7/31 to 8/1
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by najrob
I have a similar problem. Coming in from europe around 10pm, leaving for NYC at 6am. Donīt want to pay 250+ $ for those couple of hours. Last option would be sleeping/resting at the airport. Any other suggestions? Dates 7/31 to 8/1
Priceline Logan Airport, Revere, East Boston, or Saugus and don't bid more than $100-$115.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by najrob
Why not stay at the airport?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: DL GM / HH DIAMOND / IHG PlatAmb / AB Silv
Originally Posted by plinko83
Why not stay at the airport?
Iīd rather sleep before going to NYC the next day and be tired all day .But last option would indeed be staying at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.