Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biking to BOS?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Biking to BOS?

Has anyone seen bike facilities at BOS? Have a weekend trip coming up, and considering biking in. I've emailed Massport, but not response.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Has anyone seen bike facilities at BOS? Have a weekend trip coming up, and considering biking in. I've emailed Massport, but not response.
There are not enough Kryptonite locks in the world to convince me to leave a decent bike at the airport.
From Googling, it seems there are uncovered bike racks at a Terminal A. And a bike cage at South Station, and then the Silver line.

Last edited by VidaNaPraia; Oct 1, 2014 at 1:12 pm
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
There are not enough Kryptonite locks in the world to convince me to leave a decent bike at the airport.
From Googling, it seems there are uncovered bike racks at a Terminal A. And a bike cage at South Station, and then the Silver line.
Good point, didn't think about a T stop. Also, the bike was only $35--not that I'd be happy if it went away, but I haven't invested that much into it yet.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:49 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Probably can't bike through the tunnels from Boston proper to the airport, nor over the Tobin bridge. You could get there a roundabout way through Chelsea or Google Maps suggests using a ferry to avoid the tunnels
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
This seems like a crazy idea to me.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:02 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I don't know for sure, but it appears on Google Maps that you could come onto airport property via Frankfort Street to the Service Road, but I don't know where else you'd be able to go by bike once you're there.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
This seems like a crazy idea to me.
Good thing I'm young and crazy enough to try it.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
And a bike cage at South Station, and then the Silver line.
This. The bike cage at South Station is free, but requires a registered CharlieCard to access. So random people off the street can't just get into the cage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.