Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Three hours at MVY

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Three hours at MVY

Hello what would you do on a three-hour layover, landing at 1 and leaving at 4PM ?

Is there an easy to reach lobster shack?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You like 3 hour layovers at MVY and ACK? Substitute MVY for ACK in my advice to you on this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...l#post18890935
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Any more advice for MVY? The ACK advice is helpful!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:54 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I'm just really curious as to how one gets a layover in ACK and in MVY! I've never heard of this in the past. What is the itinerary?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
I'm just really curious as to how one gets a layover in ACK and in MVY! I've never heard of this in the past. What is the itinerary?
I wondered when the OP asked the very same question about ACK which airline uses ACK as a hub? Does the same airline use MVY also as a hub?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:55 am
Original Poster

DL to Cape Air. Much more interesting than changing in BOS.

Any ideas on my questions?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:37 am

well there is a bus system round the island the VTA which has various routes so you could probably see at least on the the towns - also there are taxi's at the airport which may be easier and could give you a look at a couple of them.

Menemsha is a typical fishing village with a fried clam shack called The Bite

depending on which day it is there are various markets going on- some days a farmers market, others a local artisan fair

and if you're coming on certain days in august there is also the local ag fair with all that it brings with it.

do you have 3 hours between landing and take off or is that time left after calculating check in etc - in the summer they are more strict about what time you have to be at the airport.

let me know if you need any other info
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

So eventually we arrived in MVY to learn that Cape had cancelled our flight and we ended up on a ferry. So we spent a few hours in the town the ferry leaves from, which is not too nice. It sucked.

It was a very bad idea and routing. Oh also a lot of the people we dealt with seemed to just hate having to work for us. I will now avoid this area of the US. Better go to Maine for example.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by af fp
It was a very bad idea and routing. Oh also a lot of the people we dealt with seemed to just hate having to work for us. I will now avoid this area of the US. Better go to Maine for example.
Go to Maine next time. You won't likely experience the obnoxious attitude you apparently endured.

So you got screwed by airlines both in MVY and ACK? That's probably why no one would even think of using these vacation islands as hubs.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Talking

Originally Posted by af fp
So eventually we arrived in MVY to learn that Cape had cancelled our flight and we ended up on a ferry. So we spent a few hours in the town the ferry leaves from, which is not too nice. It sucked.

I guess you never watched Wings.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by JerryFF
I guess you never watched Wings.
Sadly that's never been released in the UK although was on tv over here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.