Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Cool hotel in Boston (Hyatt, HHonors or Starwood)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Priority Club, Hhonors

Having the wife stay with me in Boston for a couple of fun days. Any suggestions on an impressive hotel that is in one of my loyalty programs? (Hhonors, Hyatt, Starwood.) Something that has a great location, on the water or impressive architecture or anything else noteworthy.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold

I'd recommend a Kimpton, but that violates rule 1.

If I remember correctly there is a Le Meridian in Cambridge right on the water by MIT.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Liberty Hotel - part of Starwood is first one that comes to mind - part of the Luxury Collection:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury...ropertyID=3646
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
2nd on the Liberty Hotel. It used to be the Charles Street Jail and has lots of interesting architecture and the restaurants and bars have names that play on the history "Clink", "Alibi". It is right next to Beacon Hill and Charles Street. Other options on the water would be the Seaport District and there is a Westin Hotel across from the Harbor.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:04 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT New England Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
3rd on the Liberty hotel. it's also right at the MGH/Charles Red line T stop, close to the science museum....
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
4th on Liberty. Fun place.

I spend a good deal of time at the IC these days. Not as unique as the Liberty, but a very nice property and the bar is great. Very accessible.

Le Meridien Cambridge is not right on the water. The Hyatt Cambridge is, but is not very accessible other than cab or car and not an amazing Hyatt, as Hyatt's go.

The Hilton Financial District is also a ho-hum property, though the location is very good, right next to Faneuil Hall.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Priority Club, Hhonors
Thanks to all. We booked the Liberty!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by bigdel1
Thanks to all. We booked the Liberty!
I was going to go 5th on the Liberty...

The Customs House tower is worth looking at -- I think it's a Marriott property though, so I guess that doesn't help you. If you're downtown, you'll see it. I think they have a bar at the top with good views of the surrounding area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.