Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting Term B to E

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Connecting Term B to E

I did a search but nothing obvious in the last 3 years.

Arriving Terminal B (US) departing Term E (LH in F). From my research it appears that we'll have to take the bus b/t terminals and re-clear security at E. Correct?

Few related questions,

1. How long does this type of connection normally take? Arrive 5:30pm and depart 8:30pm which obviously is plenty of time but I'm considering a later incoming flight with 1:25 connecting time.

2. Which lounge is a better place to spend the time, US in B or LH in E? If US lounge is still "dry" then skip this Q.

3. Is there a priority security lane in term E? How are the queues?

I lived in Boston for 5 years but obviously never had to connect there! Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by PittDoc
I did a search but nothing obvious in the last 3 years.

Arriving Terminal B (US) departing Term E (LH in F). From my research it appears that we'll have to take the bus b/t terminals and re-clear security at E. Correct?

Few related questions,

1. How long does this type of connection normally take? Arrive 5:30pm and depart 8:30pm which obviously is plenty of time but I'm considering a later incoming flight with 1:25 connecting time.

2. Which lounge is a better place to spend the time, US in B or LH in E? If US lounge is still "dry" then skip this Q.

3. Is there a priority security lane in term E? How are the queues?

I lived in Boston for 5 years but obviously never had to connect there! Thanks in advance.
Bus will take 5 or 6 minutes; could walk it in 15 or so.

US in B is still dry. Views are much much better -- and there is about 5X the space -- than the basement LH one in Terminal E. Get your point though.

There is a priority line. 5:30-6:30 is a pretty busy time but you won't face anything awful.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:22 pm

In my experience, it's just as fast -- and far more convenient -- to walk than to take the bus. Best route from B to E is via the Central Parking garage; follow signs to Central Parking (not Terminal B parking), then once in Central Parking follow signs to Terminal E.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: Continental One Pass
I agree walking is fastest. I would not do the 1:25 connection myself, even though it should be possible.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by wideman
In my experience, it's just as fast -- and far more convenient -- to walk than to take the bus. Best route from B to E is via the Central Parking garage; follow signs to Central Parking (not Terminal B parking), then once in Central Parking follow signs to Terminal E.
I agree that walking is the way to go, but want to provide some clarification on the routing. From Terminal B, you want to cut through Terminal A before going to Central Parking to get to Terminal E.

When you arrive at Terminal B, exit the terminal and take a left. Walk down the sidewalk to the end of the terminal building, where you'll see on your left an entrance to the walkway that takes you to Terminal A and Central Parking. Go up the escalator, across the walkway, and follow the signs directing you to the left to Terminal A. When you get to Terminal A, go down the escalator, walk the entire length of Terminal A, and then go back up an escalator, following the signs to Central Parking. Then just walk straight, right through the Central Parking garage, and you'll see the signs to Terminal E.

It sounds far more complicated than it is. It's really quite easy, and 10 to 15 minutes at most.

(Here is a map of the airport. The blue lines represent the walkways, which will make it clear why cutting through Terminal A makes sense.)
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
I agree that walking is the way to go, but want to provide some clarification on the routing. From Terminal B, you want to cut through Terminal A before going to Central Parking to get to Terminal E.

When you arrive at Terminal B, exit the terminal and take a left. Walk down the sidewalk to the end of the terminal building, where you'll see on your left an entrance to the walkway that takes you to Terminal A and Central Parking. Go up the escalator, across the walkway, and follow the signs directing you to the left to Terminal A. When you get to Terminal A, go down the escalator, walk the entire length of Terminal A, and then go back up an escalator, following the signs to Central Parking. Then just walk straight, right through the Central Parking garage, and you'll see the signs to Terminal E.

It sounds far more complicated than it is. It's really quite easy, and 10 to 15 minutes at most.

(Here is a map of the airport. The blue lines represent the walkways, which will make it clear why cutting through Terminal A makes sense.)
I agree that 1:25 is risky for an international flight and Blumie's route is the way to get to Terminal E. Most of the way is on moving walkways. You also have the option of stopping at the Hilton hotel on the way to E where you can either grab a quick workout or a better meal than what you can find in the terminal or in my opinion on LH.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to make this connection next month. I have 2 hours between my domestic flight and my int'l flight, so it seems like enough time. The official instructions are to walk B to C to E -- and not to go to A and across the parking lot. The map is a bit unclear which would be shorter. Any firm beliefs?

https://www.massport.com/logan-airpo...ort/terminals/
Old May 28, 2015, 6:30 am

Don't overthink things: the time differences between the "official instructions" and the routes you've been given here are not all that significant.

I will mention though that Blumie's good advice to the OP ("When you arrive at Terminal B, exit the terminal and take a left...") is valid for the OP who was arriving at Terminal B on a US-operated flight. If you are arriving at Terminal B on an AA-operated flight, then the directions have an important difference: if arriving on an AA-operated flight, exit Terminal B and turn right, then follow the signs to Central Parking, then follow the signs to Terminal E.

To summarize, you have 3 main options:
- Walk via Central Parking (~5-10 minutes)

- Walk via Terminal C (~8-15 minutes)

- Take the Massport "All Terminals" bus (~5-25 minutes)
Old May 28, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Wideman. I'm arriving on a US flight. If the walk through central parking is fastest, I will follow Blumie's advice.

I'm just praying the weather gods cooperate that day and give me adequate time for the walk. My track record with on-time summer arrivals in BOS isn't good. But I figure I could make it even if I'm an hour late.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Connecting Term B to E

I guess I'd vote for B toward A and thru Central
parking (the exit from B to central parking will feel a bit awkward but you'll get a glimpse of downtown).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.