Search

Give away 1st Class Ticket to get Standby

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Give away 1st Class Ticket to get Standby

This weekend went to New England -lobster roll was wonderful.
I photographed all the "Welcome to" State Line signs. I got upgraded for both BDL-ATL and then ATL-IND. 1st magnificent news.

I was at BDL in the gate area and this most magnificent specimen of American Womanhood was in the gate area. A FA but not working the flight but travelling to ATL along with other crew. Brunette and stunning -JFK based I believe. The flight was delayed by ATC to not arrive to early. Arrived early. I asked for standby to ATL. I volunteered my 1st class seat and got home two hours earlier too. I am glad - I had already had three G+Ts and would have had more if I had been in the First cabin on the ATL-IND leg and borderline DUI travelling back from IND airport home.

How many here would have given up 1st class to get home two hours early? Bear in mind ATL-IND was only 1hour 5 minutes long. I was in a good mood having seen the beautiful FA.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:28 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I guess it would have depended on how desperate I was to get home. If it was a really long trip or a particularly negative or tiring one for whatever reason, I think I would have made the same trade. If it was a fairly positive one, I think I would have waited.

I think this might have been better suited to go in TravelBuzz, so if you'd like it moved there, click the little red triangle in your post and request a move. Or is there some secret reason this was put in the New England forum, when it doesn't seem to have much to do with New England?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Depends on what you are coming home to, and hey a bird in the hand is worth more than a FA bird in the bush....

Always good to be Back Home in Indiana....
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
The flight where the very beautiful FA was travelling (not serving) was DL 1690 ( BTW)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.