Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DCA (post 03/13)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Cars at DCA (post 03/13)

Please note that this thead is a continuation of a prior thread - which may be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...t-12-10-a.html

I'll get a picture of the aisle the next time I drop by.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Mar 29, 2013 at 10:46 am
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Friday, 11am

EA/ES:

- Bunch of Captivas
-1 x Maxima
- 3-4 x Dodge Journeys
- 1 x Ford Edge
- boring Impalas

Premium/VIP
- 3-4 x Dodge Challengers
- 1 x Subaru
- 1 x '13 Infiniti QX56
- 1 x '13 Hyundai Genesis
- 1 x '11 BMW 328i
- 1 x '13 Cadillac CTS
- 1 x '13 Buick Enclave

Pretty boring selection. I was trying to decide between a '13 Chevy Captiva LTZ (which I haven't driven and usually try to avoid), the '13 Buick Enclave which was loaded (loved this car, but was looking for a new vehicle to drive), when they offered me the '13 Infiniti QX56.

I thought it was only a LAS car, so nice to see it over on the East Coast.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Mar 29, 2013 at 10:56 am
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: Emerald Club Executive
They often have the QX56 here in ATL, but they usually don't have the options like the one you have on carrentingreviews.com. Did this one from National come fairly loaded?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mistaleft
They often have the QX56 here in ATL, but they usually don't have the options like the one you have on carrentingreviews.com. Did this one from National come fairly loaded?
The one I previously rented from Avis only had Theater Package option (2nd row multimedia screens). Generally speaking, the '13 QX56s are already very loaded in their base trim.

I think only 3 major options packages you can get on the '13 QX56.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:45 am

Is luxury ever a reservable class here? I have checked some far out dummy dates and it still doesn't come up?

Also, if I see a nice car I really want here when I pick up in a couple of Fridays, is the staff here receptive to offering vehicles for a PAID upgrade? I have a pretty low rate booked, and am cashing in 1-2-free days for the other 2 segments of my trip, so I am hoping I can get a nice car like Dr. Z, even if it means paying a little extra.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Is luxury ever a reservable class here? I have checked some far out dummy dates and it still doesn't come up?

Also, if I see a nice car I really want here when I pick up in a couple of Fridays, is the staff here receptive to offering vehicles for a PAID upgrade? I have a pretty low rate booked, and am cashing in 1-2-free days for the other 2 segments of my trip, so I am hoping I can get a nice car like Dr. Z, even if it means paying a little extra.
It's odd, I don't think they even offer luxury reservations online anymore. They definitely do offer paid upgrades though.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:28 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by Coastercameron

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
It's odd, I don't think they even offer luxury reservations online anymore. They definitely do offer paid upgrades though.
I don't think luxury is reservable for DCA. I haven't seen it come up in search results for over a year. "Full-Size Elite", aka. Lincoln MKS, used to be a search result, but even that's gone recently.

Most of the time, a Premium should allow you to take what you want. 2 weeks ago, however, I had an attendant tell me that a Volvo was a luxury vehicle. When I asked how much the upgrade was, however, he said it's reserved and not available for an upgrade. He was new, I've never seen him before, and this is not how it usually goes at DCA.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:35 pm
WAS

Saturday, 7pm

Saturday, 7pm:

EA/ES:
Ford Explorer
VW Passat
Nissan Maxima
etc.

Two new attendants, either part-time or new hires, very friendly. I asked what I can have with a Premium reservation and I was told had I just missed an Infiniti M37. But I could have anything else I saw or they would bring up a C300 if I wanted one:

Infiniti FX35
Cadillac CTS(?)
Camarro
Lincoln MKS
Mercedes C250 (which I took).
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WAS
Most of the time, a Premium should allow you to take what you want. 2 weeks ago, however, I had an attendant tell me that a Volvo was a luxury vehicle. When I asked how much the upgrade was, however, he said it's reserved and not available for an upgrade. He was new, I've never seen him before, and this is not how it usually goes at DCA.
So as always, YMMV. Sometimes you can take whatever you want on a Premium res, other times they enforce the paid upgrade requirement.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Monday morning

ES:

The usual mix, but also some Mitsubishi SUVs, a '13 Toyota Avalon, and '13 Nissan Maximas.

They've also acquired some '13 GMC Acadias. There also looked like an Acadia Denali (definitely had the 20" Denali wheels) but I'm not positive.

Premium/VIP:

Dodge Challengers
Infiniti G37X

Last edited by drzoidberg; Apr 1, 2013 at 9:52 am
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Thursday, 11am

Very barren

ES:

- Bunch of Durangos (or is it Durangoes?) and Chrysler 300s

Premium/Paid Upgrade:

- 1 x Infiniti G37X
- 1 x Chrysler 300C
- 1 x BMW X3

Having driven all the above cars, I decided to upstairs to Avis instead where I snagged a brand new '13 Caddy XTS4.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:56 am

Thursday April 4

Pretty barren for a Thursday night.

EA:
Typical selection (Camry, Malibu, Impala)

Got in the Malibu and then saw a new '13 Ford Escape with 60 miles on it. Can't underestimate the pleasure of riding in an almost new car.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Sunday morning, 9 am

ES/EA were completely boring.

Premium:

1 x '13 Infiniti G37X (which I was tempted to take)
a few '13 Ford Tauruses
a few '13 Chrysler 300s
1 x '13 Hyundai Genesis
1 x '13 Buick Lacrosse
1 x '13 Infiniti JX35
1 x '13 Volvo XC60
1 x '13 Ford Mustang convertible (which I was going to take but it had a flat tire?!)

Ended up taking a Mailbu LTZ (which I've been meaning to try) but it had a horrible rear panel rattle, so I swapped it for a Camry SE instead (which I've also wanted to try). Wishing I took the G37X instead, lol.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Apr 7, 2013 at 9:45 am
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:31 am
WAS

Saturday, 4 PM

EA/ES:
Ford Edge
Ford Fusion
VW Jetta

Premium:
Volvo XC60
Nissan Maxima
Ford Mustang

Just as I walked in, they brought a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 7 miles on it, which I took. As drzoidberg has said, this car is amazingly nice.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Got a '13 Lincoln MKZ.

3.7L base trim, no giant retractable sunroof unfortunately.

It's striking! Nicely differentiated from the Fusion. Ride Report on its way!!

Last edited by drzoidberg; Apr 9, 2013 at 11:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.