FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at DCA (post 03/13)
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:28 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Is luxury ever a reservable class here? I have checked some far out dummy dates and it still doesn't come up?

Also, if I see a nice car I really want here when I pick up in a couple of Fridays, is the staff here receptive to offering vehicles for a PAID upgrade? I have a pretty low rate booked, and am cashing in 1-2-free days for the other 2 segments of my trip, so I am hoping I can get a nice car like Dr. Z, even if it means paying a little extra.
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
It's odd, I don't think they even offer luxury reservations online anymore. They definitely do offer paid upgrades though.
I don't think luxury is reservable for DCA. I haven't seen it come up in search results for over a year. "Full-Size Elite", aka. Lincoln MKS, used to be a search result, but even that's gone recently.

Most of the time, a Premium should allow you to take what you want. 2 weeks ago, however, I had an attendant tell me that a Volvo was a luxury vehicle. When I asked how much the upgrade was, however, he said it's reserved and not available for an upgrade. He was new, I've never seen him before, and this is not how it usually goes at DCA.