Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

11 Day Rental from FLL in April. How much to expect? Convertible worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Used to rent cars more often than now.

Planning a little FLA getaway and would really appreciate any help. Heading to FLL April 4 for 11 day vacation!! My longest ever!!
Anyways, think we're going to drive to Keys and a little touring around South Beach.
Would like to do it in a Convertible but wondered if the board thinks it's worth the extra cost?
What type of Convertibles are offered at National @ FLL? Anyone find a discount code that works well with Conv?

Any great specials you can point me to? Think it might be a little far out still for specials in April.

Much appreciated,
J.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: National ES
I rent from Fort Lauderdale quite a bit. For a rental that long I would pick up your car at the North Miami location and drop off at back at FLL. You can take a cab from the airport to pick up your car and avoid the HEAVY surcharge and facility fees assessed at the airport.

The North Miami location is not to long of a cab ride away. Convertibles are expensive to rent, but you might get lucky and get one if you reserve midsize or higher.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=18080+...=16&iwloc=addr
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: US Plat, DL Gold, WN when needed, PC Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
Check the last minute specials at the National website. They usually have some pretty good rates for the weekly rental. I looked at the current ones for FLL and MIA, and they don't have any convertibles for either location on special. Closest one was for MCO. I once got a convertible from National up here in JAX for 22.95/day on the weekend using a last minute special. It was a Chrysler Sebring, with the folding hard top, not the soft top.

If you feel you must have a convertible to drive around South FL, and who wouldn't want one, consider changing your entry airport. If you want to take a chance, book the car you need in advance, and see if a last minute special comes available. You can always cancel your original rez and book another one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.