Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confused by EE Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Confused by EE Upgrades

I'm sure this has been covered, but please indulge me as I can't seem to find the answer.

So, as an EE, I should be able to book whatever car I want (up to premium, I think) and actually pay the rate for one class lower.

Ok, so I'm renting in MCO next week. A full size car is about $44/day. A premium car is about $115/day. I'm to book the premium and trust that somehow I'll end up being charged the $44 rate that was available when I booked? That doesn't really work for me (or my employer, who doesn't want me booking $115/day rental cars).

Can anyone provide any insight into how the system 'knows' what the rate was for a full size car when I booked my pricey premium? Or, do I have this thing all wrong. Gosh. This National program is pretty confusing.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 7:36 am

For EA and ES levels, the price quoted is the price paid. For these two levels, the system just knows. I don't have any experience with EE. I agree that it is a little confusing. You shoudl just call National and see what they say.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I'm plain Executive and have done this before. Just book the Premium car, the confirmation should indicate the Fullsize rate which is what you'll pay. Go ahead and try it - there are no cancellation penalty (well actually not even a no show penalty even) anyways - so if it doesn't work that way for some reason for you just cancel.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:25 am

As long as your Emerald number is on your reservation and you're at Executive status, our system will charge you the category lower. When you book it shows up to us as the following:

Ctrct ID # 5007125 EMERALD CLUB MEMBERS
Veh Req PCAR Premium LUCERNE CXL V6 (OR SIMILAR)
Veh Chrgd FCAR Full Size IMPALA LS (OR SIMILAR)
Veh Inv PCAR Premium LUCERNE CXL V6 (OR SIMILAR)

So you're inventoried for the PCAR but being charged and billed the FCAR.

JasYHZ
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Originally Posted by JasYHZ
As long as your Emerald number is on your reservation and you're at Executive status, our system will charge you the category lower. When you book it shows up to us as the following:

Ctrct ID # 5007125 EMERALD CLUB MEMBERS
Veh Req PCAR Premium LUCERNE CXL V6 (OR SIMILAR)
Veh Chrgd FCAR Full Size IMPALA LS (OR SIMILAR)
Veh Inv PCAR Premium LUCERNE CXL V6 (OR SIMILAR)

So you're inventoried for the PCAR but being charged and billed the FCAR.

JasYHZ
This is great info and thanks to all who replied. Pulled the trigger on a premium in JAX next week. Looking forward to it.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by rogue409
For EA and ES levels, the price quoted is the price paid. For these two levels, the system just knows. I don't have any experience with EE. I agree that it is a little confusing. You shoudl just call National and see what they say.
I think I've learned my lesson to keep my mouth shut when I don't know what I'm talking about.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Probably worth pointing out that on the website, the prices on the car selection screen (where you pick the class of car) are frequently wrong. However, the estimated total for the reservation is usually correct.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by dtremit
Probably worth pointing out that on the website, the prices on the car selection screen (where you pick the class of car) are frequently wrong. However, the estimated total for the reservation is usually correct.
Yes the price on the car selection screen is the "regular price" - just look at the price for one category down for Executive (and EE) status people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.