Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BDL (Hartford, CT)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:49 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Passed through this morning around 11:00AM. Well stocked but nothing special.

Emerald Aisle:

Executive Selection

Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:44 am

Yes, if I took a pic today - it would be the same pic! On Executive Aisle, there was a dozen of Rogue, Santa Fe, Sorento, Equinox, Escape
Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Picked up at 2 PM today (Sunday the 18th) thanks to Delta messing up travel plans.

Executive was only one row since the other side was all returns, almost out to the street. Choices were:

Charger AWD SXT (Never seen an AWD Charger in a rental fleet before)
Base Charger
Charger R/T with the Hemi
Traverse LT
2x 2017 Altimas base
2x Jeep Renegade
2x 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD (brand new, less than 200 miles on both)

Aisle:
2x Fiat 500X
2x Jeep Renegade
2x 2016 Malibu
2017 Malibu
Frontier
Sonata

Took one of the new Rogues because my wife insisted on heated seats and I didn't want to bother waiting or asking for anything else. I took it one way to BOS so I spent all of 2 hours in it. The 2017 SV trim isn't bad, it has XM (worked for 15 minutes), remote start, heated seats, backup cam, blind spot monitor, etc. The one I drove even had the third row seat option. Not bad on gas, either. Cost me ~$9 to fill for the 110 mile trip.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
I will be renting off BDL in September.
Any updates on the cars available at the Emerald aisle (not the executive)?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:08 pm

Has anyone visited recently? Renting a car for the weekend later this month and would love to get an idea of what they have.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:03 pm

Good experience at this location - shuttle runs quite often between the airport and the lot.

We arrived around 11PM on Friday - they had a number of cars on the executive aisle (only one row) but there was a chevy malibu, an imprezza, three nissan rogues (ended up taking one that had 184 miles, new car smell), a ford fusion hybrid and a jeep renegade.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:01 pm

I've been through BDL a lot lately and can say I'm continually unexcited. The airport is great and the shuttle is fast. Unfortunately the executive isle tends to mediocre at best. The last few times I've walked out with a Nissan Rogue, a Malibu, and a Renegade; each time feeling like I got the best of the lot. It's actually kind of funny to look at my history, there are BDL's small SUV's and full sizes peppered between Tahoe's, BMW's, and Grand Cherokee's. Maybe I've been spoiled else where. I'll be there again soon and will give an inventory.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
A couple weeks ago:

EA: Wrangler
ES: XTS (25K)

The weather was over with, so I chose the XTS. Had I been keeping the car longer (until the next storm hit), I would have easily taken the Wrangler.

There were no other cars available.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:07 pm

From tonight: 6 executives got off the bus to find a line of 5 others waiting for cars. There was a Pacifica, Jetta, and a dodge ram pulling away from ES. There was a kia soul and a caravan over in EA. They claimed there were vacuuming cars and getting them over as fast as possible. I can understand a busy night, but that wasn't the problem. The real problem was they had an isle of full size/prem SUV's and were not allowing executives to take them.
m907 likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:13 am

This location is so disappointing. I work for a major insurance company based in Hartford and am here 3-5 times a year. The most DULL location I visit. Picked up at 5 PM Wednesday

EA: Every Rav, Rouge, Altima, Carvan, and Jeep Renagade you could think of. They pulled up a Murano - Smoke filled SV model. Nope. Then the pulled up a pickup? 23K mileage SV Frontier. Nope. Finally got a Impala Premier with 4 curb rashed wheels and scratches on trunk lid.
ES: 5 Focus/3 Sentra/1 base fusion/1 Malibu.

Makes it for such a boring week when you drive something so un interesting.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by khigbee
This location is so disappointing. I work for a major insurance company based in Hartford and am here 3-5 times a year. The most DULL location I visit. Picked up at 5 PM Wednesday

EA: Every Rav, Rouge, Altima, Carvan, and Jeep Renagade you could think of. They pulled up a Murano - Smoke filled SV model. Nope. Then the pulled up a pickup? 23K mileage SV Frontier. Nope. Finally got a Impala Premier with 4 curb rashed wheels and scratches on trunk lid.
ES: 5 Focus/3 Sentra/1 base fusion/1 Malibu.

Makes it for such a boring week when you drive something so un interesting.
Returned the car this morning. My Typical luck - 10 cars in Executive - 2 wranglers (New body style), 4 Runner, new loaded Mazda 6, 2 Maximas. Fail. LOL.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by khigbee
Returned the car this morning. My Typical luck - 10 cars in Executive - 2 wranglers (New body style), 4 Runner, new loaded Mazda 6, 2 Maximas. Fail. LOL.
That's actually not terrible. New Wrangler is an interesting choice.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:20 pm

Picked up Friday, August 17. The Executive didn't seem distinguished, but overall there were a handful of Nissan Rogues, some pickups (Ford and Nissan), Murano, Dodge Journey, and a few other non-interesting cars. I took a Beetle cabriolet, which I thought was a decent get.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:38 am

Any recent report? I have picked up at this location a few times in the last year and saw some full size SUVs in the ES like Suburban, Expedition (older style) and Armada. Also, saw a VW Atlas there.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 6:37 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Cars at BDL?

National's site says BDL has an EA. There's nothing recent in the thread about the location, though--last actual report was 2 years ago with a bump 1 year ago here.

Recent reports would be much appreciated--heading there in 2 weeks and not sure whether to reserve EA and expect to be likely to get something larger than "full size" or pay extra to reserve "luxury" to ensure it (prefer the Cadillac or Chrysler 300).

Any report of recent experience with the staff's handling of Exec Elites also much appreciated. Will arrive around 9 PM on Friday of Labor Day weekend if that helps to gauge expectations.

TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.