Friendly Reminder

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2008, 3:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Friendly Reminder

Two things:
First of all, what happened to the Friendly Email Reminders for your res. which you received the day b/f? Helps sometimes, especially when you're making a lot of diff. res. for a lor of diff. people. Also, nice to have a fresh res. on the bb in case they can't find it at the gate.

Also, I am just reminding everyone to start planning on using their earned free days which will expire at the end of the year (not the 1-2-free ones, the real ones). The days earned in 2007 will expire Dec. 31 2008 (as well as rental credits that weren't converted into free days). To find out how many of your free days will expire this year and how many next year, you should call cs. And as far as attaching a free day to a res. b/f Dec. 31 for a res. for next year, it should work as long as you don't plan on cancelling it and expect it back (never tried it though, too risky- so any one with experience with that please chime in), but call cs if you want to be sure.
Cs info:
If you have any questions concerning your Emerald Club membership or need assistance, please contact: Emerald Club Member Services at 1-800-962-7070 from 9 AM - 6PM EST, Monday - Friday. Or contact us by email at [email protected]
Old Nov 23, 2008, 6:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Be careful in general about cancelling a booking where you've redeemed a free day, ESPECIALLY on trucks or specialty vehicles. I booked a pick-up truck last minute (it was all National had) and it went to Pending Confirmation status. Then I made an economy car booking with Enterprise as a backup. Since I'd have to take LDW, I redeemed a free day on the truck to offset the cost. They didn't have a truck, so I went to Enterprise instead. The res was never cancelled and it still shows it's pending, along with my free day attached. No-one in CS seems to be able to fix it.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 8:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by travelismylife
And as far as attaching a free day to a res. b/f Dec. 31 for a res. for next year, it should work as long as you don't plan on cancelling it and expect it back (never tried it though, too risky- so any one with experience with that please chime in), but call cs if you want to be sure.
Yes you can make reservations before 12/31 on expiring free days - but if you cancel (or change presumably) that reservation - the free day "used" disappears. Happened to me last year.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 8:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
I would think

I would think that changing should be fine b/c the free day is already attached, only canceling would be a problem. Unless, it becomes like a coupon code that has expired but it shouldn't. Does anyone know for sure? I still plan on finishing up all of mine b/f the end of the year, just in case I would need to cancel for some uncontrollable circumstance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.