Search

Cars at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:42 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Monday 5AM

EA:
Standard fullsize (Impalas/Altimas/Malibus)
Chevy Traverse

ES:
Ford Edge SEL (x2)
Buick Enclave (x2)
Chrysler Town and Country
Several Tauruses

Premium/Specialty:
BMW 328i
Toyota Prius
Ford Flex SEL (not limited)
Ford Explorer
200 Convertible
Saab 9-3
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:12 pm

Was there at 7am for a drop off but did not see the BMW, Enclaves were still there. On friday 7/6 @ 7am the choices wer mainly Impalas/Malibus, was able to grab a lone 2012 Ford Edge Limited. at the end of the E.S line.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Any idea which class to book in order to pick cars from the Specialty aisle? Premium or luxury?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by nightracerx
Any idea which class to book in order to pick cars from the Specialty aisle? Premium or luxury?
Not 100% sure about that but I asked the front desk if they had a MC or BMW and stated that there were none that morning and that there is an "upgrade fee".
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Arrived on the evening of the 25th and the ES was pretty well picked clean, with only about 10-12 cars available to choose from. I was about to pick the last Avalon when I opened the door and got a waft of cigarette smoke--no way José. The next best car was a Traverse LT with leather, moon roof and back seat DVD (not that I needed that), which I took. Other vehicles available were a couple of Jeeps (not Grand Cherokees, something smaller, with no leather), a couple of Malibus, and some other larger SUV-type vehicles. Overall this station is a disappointment compared to the ones I frequent (on the west coast).
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Microwave
Arrived on the evening of the 25th and the ES was pretty well picked clean, with only about 10-12 cars available to choose from. I was about to pick the last Avalon when I opened the door and got a waft of cigarette smoke--no way José. The next best car was a Traverse LT with leather, moon roof and back seat DVD (not that I needed that), which I took. Other vehicles available were a couple of Jeeps (not Grand Cherokees, something smaller, with no leather), a couple of Malibus, and some other larger SUV-type vehicles. Overall this station is a disappointment compared to the ones I frequent (on the west coast).
Was it a silver colored Avalon with NJ plate? Black leather interior? I was there last week and saw that car sitting there. Cigarette smoke completely soaked into the interior.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Was it a silver colored Avalon with NJ plate? Black leather interior? I was there last week and saw that car sitting there. Cigarette smoke completely soaked into the interior.
That may have been it... I seem to recall the Avalons having cloth interior though, but I've never actually driven one--if I don't find something really good I usually find a Taurus Limited or 300 around somewhere.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Microwave
That may have been it... I seem to recall the Avalons having cloth interior though, but I've never actually driven one--if I don't find something really good I usually find a Taurus Limited or 300 around somewhere.
haha if it is the same car it hasn't been rented for days, been sitting at the same spot.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:03 pm

haha if it is the same car it hasn't been rented for days, been sitting at the same spot.
I'm dropping off my rental today--I'll see if I can look over and see if it's still there.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:24 pm

They had a 2011 BMW X3 28i xDrive28i w/ 25k Miles and one X5, took the X3 and loved it.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by dontego
They had a 2011 BMW X3 28i xDrive28i w/ 25k Miles and one X5, took the X3 and loved it.
Are the BMWs on executive selection aisle??!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:08 am

Are the BMWs on executive selection aisle??!
Had to inquire at the counter.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Sunday 9/9 : 1500

Had a Enterprise rental (better rate for Full Size, ended up with a Sonata, 21K odo, RI plates), but, ran upstairs to check out the selection, as it has been a while since any contribution.

Wasted trip, usual suspects
- Impala
- Malibu
- Camry
- Charger
...to quote the judo instructor in the (non-PC) Flintstone prowler episode...etta ceterah, etta ceterah, etta ceterah
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:20 am

October 10, 2012 at 12:40PM

ES:

2 x Chevy Equinox
1 x Chevy Suburban
1 x Chevy Impala
1 x Chrysler Town & Country (My choice, I had seven pieces of luggage, 10 miles on it brand new with XM)
1 x Chrysler 300
4 x Toyota Avalon
1 x Nissan Maxima
2 x Hyundai Sonata

EA:

1 x Jeep Patriot
2 x Hyundai Sonata
2 x Nissan Altima (Old Version)
3 x Chrysler 200
1 x Dodge Charger
1 x Chrysler 300
1 x Toyota Corolla
1 x Nissan Sentra

Now ready for this? Executive VIP:

1 x Chrysler 200
1 x Ford Focus
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
October 10, 2012 at 12:40PM
Now ready for this? Executive VIP:

1 x Chrysler 200
1 x Ford Focus
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Looks like Hertz's idea of an Executive VIP aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.