Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Two weeks ago there were mini vans and even Suburbans in Executive Aisle. I almost blew by them...as you enter the garage there is a row to your right backed up to the outer garage wall that is where the larger vehicles are but still an Executive row. The executive sign for that row is facing away from you as you enter so it is east to miss and only go to the other two Executive rows thinking that is it for selection.

I usually need a large SUV or minivan as well...heading back there tomorrow actually so will take a look again and let ya know what they got.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by PAX62
Two weeks ago there were mini vans and even Suburbans in Executive Aisle. I almost blew by them...as you enter the garage there is a row to your right backed up to the outer garage wall that is where the larger vehicles are but still an Executive row. The executive sign for that row is facing away from you as you enter so it is east to miss and only go to the other two Executive rows thinking that is it for selection.

I usually need a large SUV or minivan as well...heading back there tomorrow actually so will take a look again and let ya know what they got.
Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:19 am

So selection in BOS was much more slim pickings this time. Only one Suburban in VIP section that they would not give up and all the mini vans were in reserved section. Nothing in Exec aisle. I manages to talk my way into a mini van but of you NEED that you may wannna book the minivan
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:11 pm

So selection in BOS was much more slim pickings this time. Only one Suburban in VIP section that they would not give up and all the mini vans were in reserved section. Nothing in Exec aisle. I manages to talk my way into a mini van but of you NEED that you may wannna book the minivan
Unfortunately, the website won't let me book a minivan. Try making a fake reservation on it from 7/19-7/25 and you'll see. I just hope to get what you got.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:03 pm

They did have about 6 mini vans parked in the back of one of the Emerald Aisles...I wanted the Suburban, so I talked to the agent in the garage...once he also that the Suburban was reserved, he was gonna give me a Durango or larger SUV...I said I would just grab one of the mini vans..."They are all reserved" he said..."But they are in the Emerald aisle...not even Executive!"..."That is where we store them and pull the keys, but there may be one with the keys still in it...go ahead and grab that one".

Moral of the story...if you see a line of mini vans in the back that are in the Emerald Aisle...check and see if any have the keys still in them. Technically fair game if it is in the aisle and keys are in it!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:09 pm

They did have about 6 mini vans parked in the back of one of the Emerald Aisles...I wanted the Suburban, so I talked to the agent in the garage...once he also that the Suburban was reserved, he was gonna give me a Durango or larger SUV...I said I would just grab one of the mini vans..."They are all reserved" he said..."But they are in the Emerald aisle...not even Executive!"..."That is where we store them and pull the keys, but there may be one with the keys still in it...go ahead and grab that one".

Moral of the story...if you see a line of mini vans in the back that are in the Emerald Aisle...check and see if any have the keys still in them. Technically fair game if it is in the aisle and keys are in it!
Thank you. You have given me some hope.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:39 am

Arrived this morning around 200. EA was loaded with cars. Mostly Chrysler 200s and Toyota Corollas. I was looking for a minivan. They had two. A Kia Sedona. And Honda Odyssey. Both were stripped (base models). Didn't care for them. I found a nice new Mazda CX-5. It had only 395 miles on the odometer. There was one pick up truck available in EA as well.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by photog72
Arrived this morning around 200. EA was loaded with cars. Mostly Chrysler 200s and Toyota Corollas. I was looking for a minivan. They had two. A Kia Sedona. And Honda Odyssey. Both were stripped (base models). Didn't care for them. I found a nice new Mazda CX-5. It had only 395 miles on the odometer. There was one pick up truck available in EA as well.
A Honda Odyssey? I thought Honda didn't do fleet sales
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
A Honda Odyssey? I thought Honda didn't do fleet sales
It doesn't do daily rental fleet sales. What few Hondas that wind up in fleets are sold by dealers.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Picked up late Friday night (11pm). My first trip to the consolidated rental car facility at BOS. I was dragging two tired kids and one broken stroller (thanks United) so I missed the old days of having the National bus drop you right at the Emerald Exec aisle.

The Exec aisle and the EA were virtually indistinguishable. There was a full selection of cars -- Camry, Charger, Altima, Fusion, Impala, Sonata, Jetta, Beetle, Mazda 3 etc -- as well as a number of small and mid-size SUVs -- Kia, Dodge, Jeep Cherokee & Patriot, Mazda CX5.

I need a vehicle that sat more than 5, however, so I asked the employee at the Exec booth. He told me to look around and there was probably one in there. There was not. I kept walking around and another employee asked if they could help -- and when I said I was willing to take a minivan directed me over to the Alamo Minivan aisle where there were a few sitting. I grabbed the Town and Country and loaded it up with the kids. When I saw a new 2015 Tahoe being driven into the Exec aisle I thought for a few minutes about moving to that, but decided to just hit the road up to Vermont instead.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:54 am

Picked up at 11:30am on Friday (8/28). Emerald Aisle was pretty full. Saw a few Jeep Cherokees, Chevy Equinox, Buick Encore, Dodge Charger, Ford Escape, Nissan Rogue. Ended up with a new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk edition with low miles, upgraded interior, XM radio and it got excellent gas mileage! The staff at BOS were also very helpful!
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Hi Folks,

Just booked a car with Alamo for downtown Boston a Ford Mustang or similar.

Think they will actually have a Mustang or very similar or would it be a pile of crap that I will regret.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:04 am

At BOS last week, my flight got in just before 10pm and everyone must have beat us there because the whole EA was snatched up as we were walking towards it. My coworker and I commented to each other that we were in a hurry, and the employee told us they were bringing some more cars around but that we could take the bright yellow Camaro convertible sitting in the Premier aisle, no charge. Nice surprise for a mid-size rental! They also had a black Camaro convertible in Premier.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:45 am

Came in close to midnight on Christmas Night and all that was in Emerald Aisle was pretty much minivans! A couple of Dodge Journeys. Not one car to be seen! I grabbed a 2016 Chrysler T&C. Had only 7 miles on the odometer. It was perfect for my needs - had two young kids in tow and the rear seat DVD entertainment system kept them quiet (yes, we brought DVDs just in case we were able to get the Chrysler T&C). They had a couple of Kia minivans, a gaggle of Dodge Grand Caravans, and a stripped Honda Odyssey.

Arrived yesterday (New Year's Day) to drop off around 2pm, and noticed a sweet Nissan 370Z in the Executive Aisle. Didn't have time to pay attention to anything else.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: National Emerald Executive, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mmoncrieff
Picked up at 11:30am on Friday (8/28). Emerald Aisle was pretty full. Saw a few Jeep Cherokees, Chevy Equinox, Buick Encore, Dodge Charger, Ford Escape, Nissan Rogue. Ended up with a new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk edition with low miles, upgraded interior, XM radio and it got excellent gas mileage! The staff at BOS were also very helpful!
That is pretty sweet... just after that I was in Boston (November, I think) and ended up with a Jeep Renegade 4x4 TrailHawk edition from the EA. It was black and red with XM, upgraded interior, and blacked out rims and all. Certainly one of the more interesting rentals I've ever had and it got good mileage to boot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.