Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Returning Car Early?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Returning Car Early?

Hi! I'm wondering how National would deal with this scenario.

My ILs are traveling to RSW 6 days before we are. We are all traveling back together 8 days later (their trip is scheduled for 14 days, ours for 8). Both parties have reservations with National. At the moment, my ILs are reserved for a compact and we have an EA reservation. If we are able to secure a minivan through EA, the ILs would not need their compact car for the time that we are there. How would National handle them returning the car a week earlier than scheduled? Would they just be charged for the one week or would they be responsible for the full contract?

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by encinc
How would National handle them returning the car a week earlier than scheduled? Would they just be charged for the one week or would they be responsible for the full contract?
I think that you should be fine. But perhaps book 2 back to back weeklong reservations for your ILs and see if the rate is the same - you might actually be able to save some money using the $20-35 weekly rental coupons that are out there - this way there would be no question about early return (just cancel the 2nd one if not needed). You'd waste a little bit of time swapping cars/contracts.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks! We did consider the two separate reservations plan, but nobody was too excited about going back to the airport to switch cars if it didn't involve saving a considerable chunk of change. We'll see what prices do as we get closer to our travel dates and then go from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.