Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SAN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:59 am

Arrived 01/20
I had booked a full-size and was sent to the ES aisle, which was nice and easy. Vehicles I spotted were: Impala, Grand Marquis, Charger, and a couple of Santa Fes. I picked the latter, which only had 432 miles on it. Quite decent. As I pulled out I noticed another SUV had been pulled into a slot at the far end, but I couldn't identify it in the dark and from where I was.

I couldn't really see what the EA had, but thought I saw a few Malibus. On return, I noticed a number of Grand Marquis, Chargers, and an Altima in the ES, plus some others that I couldn't make out, and in the EA there were some Nissan Cubes, a couple of HHRs, Malibus, and some others too.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
2/13
Emerald Aisle

Lots of HHR's, Avengers, Malibus, a few of those Kia's with the hamsters driving in the commercial.

I took the lone Fusion in the emerald aisle.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:16 pm

I rent quite a bit there. In the executive aisle they usually have about 24 cars, mostly midsize sedans such as Nissan Altima's. They usually sprinkle in a luxury car such as Lincoln Continental or Cadillac. They will usually have several generic SUV's and a mini van or 2.

In emeral isle, they usually have the same type of cars minus the luxury cars, but they usually have many more miles, in the 8k+ range.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by tuslac
I rent quite a bit there. In the executive aisle they usually have about 24 cars, mostly midsize sedans such as Nissan Altima's. They usually sprinkle in a luxury car such as Lincoln Continental or Cadillac. They will usually have several generic SUV's and a mini van or 2.

In emeral isle, they usually have the same type of cars minus the luxury cars, but they usually have many more miles, in the 8k+ range.

any recent updates for SAN? Much appreciated.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:08 am

Picked up on a recent Thursday around noon.

Executive Aisle:
Hyundai genesis
Mazda CX-7 and CX-9
Jeep Cherokee
Hyundai SUVs

Regular Aisle:
Camry
HHR
More options (didn't look too closely)

The attendant offered me a Volvo S60 T5 which was not on the aisle. I took that and it was a joy to drive.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold 75K
ES:

- A couple Hyundai Genesis
- Jeep Grand Cherokee (which I picked)
- A few Chevy Impalas
- VW CC
- A few Altimas
- Buick (Didn't get the model)
Old Oct 29, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
ES, 10/28:

Hyundai Genesis (which I took)
Mazda 6
Couple of Impalas
Jeep Cherokee
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
EA, 12/13 (Tuesday) about 2:30 PM, ICAR reservation:

Picked up an FGAR Dodge Journey. Optioned decently, although some odd things were absent, like automatic headlamps. Surprisingly good fuel economy.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:20 pm

I picked up on Jan 27 around 9 pm. I selected from the ES and didn't get a look at the EA as I was in a rush. There were a bunch of Camrys 3-4 Altimas, a Sorento, and a Grand Cherokee, which I was very tempted by but opted for the Altima as all my driving was city. That car now has a nice scratch and dent thanks to an anonymous donor. Thanks to drzoidberg for suggesting (in another thread) that it is wise to always have the rental agreement printed out--that helped to speed the paper work for the claim. A great tip.

Last edited by arf04; Jan 29, 2012 at 10:22 pm Reason: Correct spelling.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Emerald Club Executive, Hertz 5 Star
I'm planning a trip in August. Is there any days of the week (eg. Sunday, 12pm) that may have more selection?
This is my first time renting at National and I just got my status match for Executive. Never have "status" before so not sure what to expect. Thanks for any input.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by BearSmart
I'm planning a trip in August. Is there any days of the week (eg. Sunday, 12pm) that may have more selection?
This is my first time renting at National and I just got my status match for Executive. Never have "status" before so not sure what to expect. Thanks for any input.
My guess is that the time doesn't matter at this location. They have X number of slots in each aisle and seem to replenish continuously as cars go out. There are a lot of cars on the lot. On a really busy event week/weekend perhaps their stocks would go down but they do have lots of cars. I had an issue with Avis running out of decent vehicles one time--along with Hertz and National they use that area. That's when I switched to National.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by arf04
My guess is that the time doesn't matter at this location. They have X number of slots in each aisle and seem to replenish continuously as cars go out. There are a lot of cars on the lot. On a really busy event week/weekend perhaps their stocks would go down but they do have lots of cars. I had an issue with Avis running out of decent vehicles one time--along with Hertz and National they use that area. That's when I switched to National.
Thanks arf04!

We'll have 2 adults and 2 kids plus 2-3 pieces of luggages. We figure that a full size car should fit our needs but it'd be nice if there is a mini van or SUV available. Is it safe to think that EA will always have full size car avaiable? Or should I go ahead to reseve a full size (or Van/ SUV if we choose to). The EA page advertises to rent a mid size car and get at least a full size car. Since I'm new to National, just wonder if this is the case in general. Thanks!!

Last edited by BearSmart; Jan 30, 2012 at 3:57 pm
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Thanks arf04!

We'll have 2 adults and 2 kids plus 2-3 pieces of luggages. We figure that a full size car should fit our needs but it'd be nice if there is a mini van or SUV available. Is it safe to think that EA will always have full size car avaiable? Or should I go ahead to reseve a full size (or Van/ SUV if we choose to). The EA page advertises to rent a mid size car and get at least a full size car. Since I'm new to National, just wonder if this is the case in general. Thanks!!
Book a full size, and you will pay for a medium size. I was able to rent a minivan with dvd player from ES this weekend for around $30 ai (three days). It had 104 miles when I started.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by kaaria
Book a full size, and you will pay for a medium size. I was able to rent a minivan with dvd player from ES this weekend for around $30 ai (three days). It had 104 miles when I started.
Thanks kaaria.

Appreciated your advise. Just to clarify ... I went ahead to price a reservation, get a quote for mid size for $280 and full size for $320. Does it mean that if I pick a full size, I'll be paying $280 when I pick up the car? Thanks!!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:23 pm

Thanks kaaria.

Appreciated your advise. Just to clarify ... I went ahead to price a reservation, get a quote for mid size for $280 and full size for $320. Does it mean that if I pick a full size, I'll be paying $280 when I pick up the car? Thanks!!
You would only get a full size if the EA has a full size available. Whatever they have in the aisle you can take. My quick survey from the shuttle showed me a couple of Altimas and Malibus at least on the EA. I think there was an HHR plus some others I couldn't ID. I always want a guarantee of a full so that is what I book. Today, I would have chosen from the ES and there I saw a bunch of Impalas, Camrys, a Sebring convertible and a Charger. There were others but I didn't get an ID on them. Last weekend in SNA, the ES was full of full-sized SUVs and only had a couple of full cars. The EA had no full cars and a pick up truck (cars I saw were the Chrysler 200 and some Fusions).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.