Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SNA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:21 pm

x2. Arriving this weekend. Any advice on what pickup time might offer the best selection/most cars? Can pickup any time Friday evening through Sunday evening.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
I'm at this location fairly often and I agree the lot is small, so the selection varies widely. If you're looking at ES, Ford Tauruses (Limited), Toyota Avalon, and the 300 (sorry, not sure which trim level) are fairly easy to find. You'll occasionally find the random SUV or minivan mixed in (I've usually seen Dodge vans). Occasionally a Charger, Challenger, or Hyundai Genesis as well.

Haven't looked at EA but I believe Altimas are pretty prevalent.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by jlin011
I'm at this location fairly often and I agree the lot is small, so the selection varies widely. If you're looking at ES, Ford Tauruses (Limited), Toyota Avalon, and the 300 (sorry, not sure which trim level) are fairly easy to find. You'll occasionally find the random SUV or minivan mixed in (I've usually seen Dodge vans). Occasionally a Charger, Challenger, or Hyundai Genesis as well.

Haven't looked at EA but I believe Altimas are pretty prevalent.
Thanks! Do you ever see Volkswagens (passat/jetta) there?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by lsatfeb
I think stations with the Passat usually have it in the ES... haven't seen any VWs in the ES or EA at SNA. But to be honest I usually don't look at the EA so I'm not 100% sure.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by lsatfeb
I saw a single Passat in the ES back in March. I rented a Maxima that time, which I had to trade for a loaded Malibu due to a mechanical issue with the Maxima. I haven't rented from there more than 4-5 times in the last 6-7 months but each time the selection was quite variable. The one time it was mainly large SUVs in the ES (CX-9s, and Armada, a couple of Surbubans), plus some Altimas, and the next it was mostly cars. The EA was more consistent with Altimas, and Chrysler 200s prevailing, if I recall correctly. They do bring new cars in all the time as the ones on the lot go out. If you want something specific, it is worth asking. Most of the employees I've dealt with are very friendly and helpful.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by arf04
If you want something specific, it is worth asking. Most of the employees I've dealt with are very friendly and helpful.
Do you usually ask at the counter or flag down an employee in the lot? I've never had any luck asking at the desk, "it's whatever that's available in that row."
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:47 pm

Do you usually ask at the counter or flag down an employee in the lot? I've never had any luck asking at the desk, "it's whatever that's available in that row."
I've never gone to the counter at SNA. The 'lot' is in the parked adjacent to the terminal and they have quite a large booth there plus usually some greeters and other employees with the cars. They basically have a few slots in front of the booth and then two rows--an EA and the ES. That's about it. If you see a 50-60 year old distinguished looking African American fellow I'd beeline for him. He knows what's what in my experience and has for me been quite helpful. I had a discussion with a snotty young woman the last time I was there and he came along and sorted everything out to my satisfaction. The other employees I've dealt with have all been decent, however, so I'm sure you'll be ok. Hopefully, they'll have the car you want.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:43 am

2 weeks ago i went n ask this one old guy, always see him in the afternoon on weekends, if they have fancy cars available for the executive, he took me to the back row against the wall and hooked me up with a yellow convertible camaro so to answer your question i would definitely stick with those works on the lot.

Btw went yesterday around 5pm snagged me a brand new challenger that barely have 10miles on it. Both isles have quite alot of selection including an orange camaro, couple explorers, bunch of taurus and 300 on the ES while EA have passat, camry, chargers, jeep liberty, mid size chevy suv and surprisingly a taurus
Old Jul 4, 2012, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by arf04
If you see a 50-60 year old distinguished looking African American fellow I'd beeline for him. He knows what's what in my experience and has for me been quite helpful. I had a discussion with a snotty young woman the last time I was there and he came along and sorted everything out to my satisfaction. The other employees I've dealt with have all been decent, however, so I'm sure you'll be ok. Hopefully, they'll have the car you want.
Was hoping for an Explorer, Traverse, or Grand Cherokee, but nary a single SUV was on the lot. When I got there, it was pretty busy so I ended up with a 2013 Taurus Limited. Could have done worse!

About 80% of the ES row was Taurus Limiteds and Chrysler 300/300C when I got there on Friday around 7:30 PM, just a couple hours after Ambon21 so it's definitely YMMV.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:43 am

I think stations with the Passat usually have it in the ES... haven't seen any VWs in the ES or EA at SNA. But to be honest I usually don't look at the EA so I'm not 100% sure.
I know I have driven a Jetta out of that lot. Probably from Executive, but it might have been Aisle (I check both sides0

Never seen a Passat.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
SUVS/Vans

Was hoping for an Explorer, Traverse, or Grand Cherokee, but nary a single SUV was on the lot. ...........
I am ES status and rent from SNA solely to snag a van or SUV. The last three times I have found the following in the ES row:

June 2012: one van and one SUV (I arrived at 8am on a Saturday)

2012 Presidents Day weekend: no vans and no SUVs (ended up paying extra for an SUV)

2011: 3 vans (one with two DVD players) and lots of SUVs

I am renting at the end of July 2012 and hoping I can snag a van or SUV.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by poptarts
I am ES status and rent from SNA solely to snag a van or SUV. The last three times I have found the following in the ES row:

June 2012: one van and one SUV (I arrived at 8am on a Saturday)

2012 Presidents Day weekend: no vans and no SUVs (ended up paying extra for an SUV)

2011: 3 vans (one with two DVD players) and lots of SUVs

I am renting at the end of July 2012 and hoping I can snag a van or SUV.

IME late Fridays seem to have the lowest van/SUV availability. You might have better luck on Saturday mornings if doing a weekend pickup. YMMV of course.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
I just left SNA National, in the Exec Isle, there were nothing but mini vans. Thank goodness I have a Toyota Sequoia on a 1 way rental from SAN and was able to check out the same vehicle for the duration of my trip. I'm returning it to SNA this Sat around noon in case someone else looking for a FS SUV
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:04 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Picked up today around 4pm. I honestly don't remember was was on emerald, but ES had:

2013 Lincoln MKS (I took)
Ford Taurus w/leather
Ford Explorer w/leather
Dodge minivan w/leather
Infiniti G37 w/leather
Buick Enclave w/leather
Crysler 300 w/leather
Nissan Maxima
Dodge Charger
Toyota Avalon

I asked for one of the two vehicles in VIP, but was told it would be an up charge
FYI, the vehicles in VIP were:
Ford Mustang Convertible, black w/silver stripes (is this a special edition? I didn't see any badging)
Mercedes Benz E350 (way to go National!)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:21 pm

I'm glad I'm part of the emerald club because the counter was super packed today..
Went in at 3pm and got me brand spankin new with barely 4miles in it 2013 Camaro w/ sunroof

EA had bunch of impalas, couple chargers, taurus, camry and a passat
ES had bunch of camaros (not sure which year) bunch taurus, bunch 300, an avalon and a lucerne

Have a great weekend y'all .. I know I will

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.