Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS prices through the roof

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

BOS prices through the roof

7/16-17. $71.96 a day for midsize on the EA. I've never seen it this high. With taxes it's nearly $190.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by djlndc
7/16-17. $71.96 a day for midsize on the EA. I've never seen it this high. With taxes it's nearly $190.
Keep checking. I had a rate at Hartford CT start at $44/day and end up at $33/day. No reason, just a different rate the next time I checked.

I just went in and priced BOS.... it's $71.96/day at the downtown location and $79.95/day at the airport! Yow. What the heck is going on in Boston those days?

EDIT: It's not just those days. I checked the next week and a Wed/Thurs in late Aug... same price! Ouch.

Last edited by martinp13; Jul 7, 2008 at 2:42 pm
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I started a thread about this and got mixed reaction. Portland over July 4 weekend was $65 or so and a sellout (other companies as well). MSP also topped $60 or so weekdays not long ago, and HNL was showing that for some days.

No wonder there's so much talk of "goofy-coding."
Old Jul 8, 2008, 5:29 pm

Just the typical summer price jack. It particularly strikes the NYC metro area, Boston, PHL, and Bal-Was. BTW, its not just National, as all the companies try to take advantage of the summer season traveling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.