Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ORD (Chicago)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond; National-EE; Hertz-PC; WN-A* List
I was returning at ORD last Thursday and it seemed to be a pretty small selection still. All the times I’ve been to this location since the pandemic, it’s seemed like they have 8-12 cars at most. A huge change from my pre-pandemic experience. Looked to be a few camrys and rav-4. I noticed a Dodge Durango right as you walked out the sliding doors. They also had what appeared to be an Audi Q5 in the premier selection spots.
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 3:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Thank you Derekk. Changed mind at last minute and went with Hertz. Worked out better for me.
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 1:34 pm

Memorial Day Weekend ORD

Paid Luxury res Saturday 5/29, only two 2021 Q5's as luxury. One was dirty, and the other one that I chose had 10K miles, pano roof, digital dash, adaptive cruise, heated steering wheel/heat&cooling seats. Not many cars in Emerald & Executve Aisle. They were pulling up a Chrysler 300 as I left. Returning Monday 5/29, the lot was fully stocked, Emerald Aisle & Excutive Aisle. Had 2 BMW X3's, 2 Audi Q5's, & an Audi Q3 in Premier Selection.

Last edited by Ordpc; Jun 4, 2021 at 11:08 pm
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:36 pm

Rented Monday 7/26. Emerald aisle was full of base model sedans (Sentra, Versa, Elantra) and two tiny SUVs (Kona and Kicks). Took the Kicks since I wanted the extra trunk space, regretted it.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:25 pm

Passed thru ORD location earlier today. Had a better selection than I’ve seen thru the pandemic, especially for midweek. PS was the same Q5 I think I see every time. ES had a wider spread including pickup trucks (Ram, F150 in standard trims), charger, impalas, Mazda 6, Malibu’s, an assortment of smaller SUVs (Tiguans, edge, RAV4, rogue, equinox, journey), a couple Pacifica’s, an older Ford Flex right out of the door. The EA labeled section had a couple corollas and some hatchback sedans that I couldn’t make out. I did see two people in minivans get turned around at the gate though while I was there.
Auto Enthusiast, xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:15 am

Labor Day Weekend Saturday 9/4;9/6

AM Luxury reservation. There was only a Ford Explorer in the Aisle, which someone was in the process of taking. There was a short line of (2-3) people waiting for cars. I requested a preference for a BMW 5 series, and a 2021 530i was pulled from Enterprise. Seems like the new models are trickling back. Monday 9/6, there was an 2021 Audi Q5, BMW 228i in Premier Selection, and a Range Rover Velar (Enterprise), Audi A5 Sportback (Alamo). At ORD, National, Enterprise, & Alamo are next to each other in the same parking structure.

Last edited by Ordpc; Sep 9, 2021 at 1:19 pm
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:00 pm

2PM Premium reservation on 9/25, inventory was decimated. Clusters of people were coming in and waiting for freshly cleaned cars to get brought up. Over about 15 minutes, I was offered a tiny Kia SUV, a Dodge Challenger, and finally, a Maxima.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:50 pm

ORD Airport Transit System (people mover) operational as of 10/3/21 (see link)

https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/Ser...Pages/tbt.aspx

Last edited by Ordpc; Nov 7, 2021 at 6:53 pm Reason: Full description
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up this Monday at 5 PM and found a really good Executive Elite selection

Treats included a new Miata, Audi Q5, a Challenger among the usual selection of normal finds. I took the Q5. Staff here are also really friendly and helpful.
funnyfarm299 and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:41 pm
CS

Programs: Southwest A+ Preferred, National Executive Elite, Hertz Five Star
Quick question, do they hold extra $ on local rentals here at ORD? Need a rental for the weekend, I’m Emerald Club…
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by CS
Quick question, do they hold extra $ on local rentals here at ORD? Need a rental for the weekend, I’m Emerald Club…
It was increased from a $200 deposit to $400 for local rentals. Last time I was at ORD was in September, though.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:19 pm
CS

Programs: Southwest A+ Preferred, National Executive Elite, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Ordpc
It was increased from a $200 deposit to $400 for local rentals. Last time I was at ORD was in September, though.
Whoa. Ok I’m guessing it’s strictly based on drivers license? That’s insane, even EC members get charged too?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by CS
Originally Posted by Ordpc
I am local to ORD and encountered the same thing last time I rented there with the $400 hold and was surprised because I was used to it being much less. Also, I’m an EE member and renting on employer contract rate and still encounter the hold.
CS, Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by Derekk; Dec 15, 2021 at 9:27 pm
Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by CS
Whoa. Ok I’m guessing it’s strictly based on drivers license? That’s insane, even EC members get charged too?
I believe that it is based on your flight information, not your driver's license, to make the determination of a deposit/hold. After the last increase, I was asked if I had any flight information at the exit gate. I'm EE.
CS and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Last edited by Ordpc; Dec 16, 2021 at 4:30 am
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Was at ORD National for first time in a little while and the Executive selection had a wide range of vehicles, including mid-size SUVs (we took a nice VW Atlas but there were plenty of other decent mid-size and compact SUVs), a pickup, broad selection of sedans, etc. Only thing not there (which I think has been fairly normal of late) is no minivans. But, other than that, seems like inventory has returned/stabilized....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.