Wiki Posts
Search

Will National Hold Specific Car?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, UA Premier, National Executive, Hilton Gold
Will National Hold Specific Car?

I have been renting frequently at MSP and usually stick with the Cadillac CTS/SRX/STS. I really like the CTS and from what I've seen they only have 1, maybe 2 of them on site. Can I call to request a specific car?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.4 MM Hertz Gold, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Hyat Gold
In my experience, NO.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by t-rev
I have been renting frequently at MSP and usually stick with the Cadillac CTS/SRX/STS. I really like the CTS and from what I've seen they only have 1, maybe 2 of them on site. Can I call to request a specific car?
If you know someone at the lot, preferably one of the mgrs - they might set the vehicle aside for you if you can give them a very specific arrival time.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 3:24 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
When I want a specific make or model car, I usually rent from Hertz. This is the one advantage that they offer that National does not... although I find their rates higher on average than National. It's not often that I'm in the mood for a specific car (e.g. once in Hawaii I reserved and rented an Audi A3 cabrio), usually I prefer to just take my pick from the EA.

Sometimes, I will have multiple reservations... an EA ressie from National and then a specific make/model ressie from Hertz. If I don't find anything I like on the EA, I know I have my specific car reserved at Hertz as a backup. I then just call and cancel the ressie I didn't use.

Last year I wanted a convertible at MCO. At the time, the convertible choices from National were lame (VW Beetle or PT Cruiser), so I had a Mustang ragtop reserved at Hertz just in case. Sure enough, there were only a couple beat-up PT's at national, so I went with the Mustang. It was a little more money but way worth it.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:26 am

I booked a compact SUV at National in LAS - allegedly the reason my reservation says "counter" (despite being EC) is the fact that they're holding a compact SUV for me. So we'll see.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:08 pm
Suspended

National's whole Marketing Campaign for years has been the Choice system. Unless you know a manager or someone specific at a location you frequent and they know you are really coming in and you Call them and Talk to them, it's pick from the row...choice from what's available at time of arrival. They wash and restock, first come first serve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.