Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DEN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by 4aks
I was there last week, early AM Friday 1/2. There were lots of cars, no SUVs, and nearly all were covered in snow and ice from the storm a full day earlier. Only clean car had a New Mexico plate, and I assume was just returned - I took this one. No Exec Aisle hangtag, the checkout booth made me one. Gas tank wasn't full. Booth agent said he noted the partial fuel tank I wouldn't be charged.

On return late Sunday, there were no staff around. After 10 mins I left the car in the return aisle.

Got on bus, driver was hanging out with another bus driver, after a few mins I let him know I was late for my flight.

Was emailed a bill the next day, tank of fuel cost was added. I called an had it removed.
Thanks for the info.

Ended up there at about 12:45pm yesterday (Saturday the 10th).

Exec Aisle had about 30-40 cars there:
-Typical mix of sedans: Altimas, Hyundais, Malibus, Impalas, even some 2013 model Impalas (this was probably about 80% of the cars there)
-2 Dodge Trucks
-2014 Silverado
-2015 Charger in Black with 1,836 miles on it
-Red mustang
-2 or 3 Fusions
-3 or 4 minivans
-1 Camaro
-2 or 3 Chrysler 200s

There might have been other stuff that I didn't notice, but there weren't any SUVs at all.

In the emerald aisle:
About 10-15 cars in there
-One Fusion
-2 Chrysler 200s
-1 minivan
-1 Volkswagen
-The rest was Nissan/Hyundai

We ended up taking a white Chrysler 200 out of the regular aisle with 897 miles on it. Could have used an exterior wash. Limited model. The dial to change gears is very different. It has a back-up camera (not sure if that's standard or not). There was a snowbrush on the dash too.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:31 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Picked up a Cadillac Escalade pretty easily last Nov from here.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: DL GM, National Car Emerald, HHonors Gold
Just picked up a car last night from this location at 5PM, the executive aisle had the usual Sedans of Altimas, Sonatas, Impalas and such. They had one 1500 Dodge Ram Pickup, then 2 or 3 Challengers, 1 Charger, 2 Camaro Coupes, 1 Camaro Convertible, a couple of Mustang coupes. I ended up taking a Camaro Coupe that has about 15k miles on it, xm is not activated. There were zero SUV's available which I was hoping to get.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Last Friday all EA and ES had were cars - no SUVs. Was able to score the last AWD/4WD via Subaru Legacy sedan.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Citi Exec, Amex Plat- Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Arriving Saturday at 10 am. Hoping for an SUV on the Exec Aisle so I can cancel my SUV specific reservation. Anyone spot SUVs on the Exec/Emerald Aisles lately?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:33 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by MiamiMike
Arriving Saturday at 10 am. Hoping for an SUV on the Exec Aisle so I can cancel my SUV specific reservation. Anyone spot SUVs on the Exec/Emerald Aisles lately?
My colleague was there last week and got a Jeep Patriot with 4x4. He reported no other SUVs were there.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:56 pm

Fri night or Sat morning?

Hi all,

Need some help here. Never been to DEN National EE aisles before. Will I have a better selection of cars on Friday 10pm or Sat 10am? Looking to get a SUV to sit for 6 people. Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:27 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by neuro0
Hi all,

Need some help here. Never been to DEN National EE aisles before. Will I have a better selection of cars on Friday 10pm or Sat 10am? Looking to get a SUV to sit for 6 people. Thanks!
Unlikely during the height of Spring Break ski season. If that's what you need, make sure to book a backup reservation.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Unlikely during the height of Spring Break ski season. If that's what you need, make sure to book a backup reservation.
Thanks. Back up rez. done. Now hope for the best!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MiamiMike
I'm arriving Fri PM with the same situation. LOL, I love the backup reservation trick.

I'm doing the same. Two nights with the 12F promo for EE aisle, two nights backed up with Prem SUV with free nights via my account. Hoping to cancel the latter.
Old May 3, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum. 1MM IHG Platinum. National EE. Hertz PC
Recently SM from Hertz to become an EE. The DEN lot was pretty empty upon arrival. The manager saw me wandering about and I told him this is my first National rental. He apologized for the scarcity and put me in an MKX as a welcome car
Old May 11, 2015, 11:24 am

Using the DEN EA tomorrow night. Won't be to the lot until around 10pm.

Anyone have any recent updates to whats been on the lot?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:47 pm

EA at DEN on a chilly, rainy Friday night of Memorial Day weekend was your pick of Altimas or Sonatas, with a single 200 and VW (didn't pay close enough attention to see if it was a Passat or Jetta) thrown in for good measure.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I was also there the Friday before Memorial Day (5/22), but in the morning. The EA had a couple Chrysler 200's, 3 VW Jettas 1.8T's (one of which I got, which I thoroughly enjoyed), a couple Nissan Altimas, and a whole lot of Hyundai Elantras and Toyota Corollas. (I know the Altima is a class up, but I might be test driving one soon anyway and wanted to give the Jetta a try.) Didn't pay any attention to the ES, sorry.

On the upgrade row were a BMW 6 series GranCoupe (4-door), Navigator, and Yukon XL. I was considering upgrading but didn't want anything that big, so I didn't bother checking their rates.

Last edited by strickerj; Jun 2, 2015 at 12:04 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:15 am

Any idea how ES/EA will look like on a Saturday morning in early November?
Ski season might not have started yet and business travel is hopefully light on a Saturday AM... What are the chances to find an adequate SUV vs 4x4?
Thx in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.