Search

New system

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
New system

Today I spoke to a National Agent and she told me that quite a few updates were done to the system last night (she couldn't give me any specifics). One thing I just noticed when making a reservation is a new field "Membership ID". What's that? Please help Pam with regards to this and any other changes that National made to the system recently. Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelismylife
Today I spoke to a National Agent and she told me that quite a few updates were done to the system last night (she couldn't give me any specifics). One thing I just noticed when making a reservation is a new field "Membership ID". What's that? Please help Pam with regards to this and any other changes that National made to the system recently. Thanks.
Well since I have Sun/Mon off I'm at a loss today as to exactly what those changes are. Usually when there are Major changes coming they (corp) lets us know if they are going to affect the rental or res process. I just popped in to nationalcar.com and started a reservation and didn't see a Membership ID field but if you were an Emeral Club member I would say that's where you enter your Club number. If you aren't a member I suppose that's why you seem confused.
I won't be able to report back tomorrow, but Wednesday I will come back and let you know if I found any other nuances in the "software" so-to-speak. New things are always downloaded overnights Sun to Mon. Usually they are enhancements that work in the background that we don't normally "see" but just enjoy the upgraded speed or something like that.
Why not tomorrow? Gotta take my girls to see Hannah Montana!!! Lord help my ears. LOL
Old Jan 22, 2008, 1:53 pm

I would guess the field is used to validate contract ID's against a membership number. You may find that some contract ID's will not be accepted without a valid membership #.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
That's what I thought

I thought that the membership field would be the place to put in your membership number to the specific organization of your contract id #. I tested that theory. However, I have yet to put in a contract id # that wouldn't go through b/c I needed a membership #. I don't understand for the life of me why they'd ask for my EC # if I am signed into my acct. and all my info is in the reservation system at that point. Anyone else? Any other "major" changes that anyone has come across?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:11 pm
Suspended

There were a couple other major things I'm noticing ...they are giving everyone a chance to add the Fuel Service Option as an ALWAYS or a Choose as you go on your Emerald Profiles.
If you decline the FSO on your profile now you will have the choice to add the FSO as you go, I believe. If you add it to your profile, you will have it on your rental every time you rent and you will be charged the full tank of gas and can return empty every time you rent.

Oh for those of you who don' t know also, you should add your email address to your Emerald profiles, then when you return a car a copy of your recpt will be emailed to you immediately upon return of the car. Kinda handy...then you don't have to worry about losing track of all those paper recpts.
If you don't want to log on to add that in, a counter rental agent can do it for you next time you rent.

There are some changes to Gov rentals. They changed some codes, no big deal. The people who book those rentals know the codes and told rental agents to make sure biz are biz and leisures are leisures.

There's the new opportunity for renters to contribute to the carbon offset program. You can look that up on the website. That's a "feel-good-green" thing started by the parent company that is Enterprise, National, Alamo wide.

Other changes were background but I'm not seeing the Membership one and that must be on the website only and I don't have an email on it to explain it. Sorry, so sorry.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by Paminaz
There were a couple other major things I'm noticing ....
Have you found a way to look up a reservation *without* entering a reservation number?

I found a better (lower rate) for a car I've reserved, so I made a new reservation and want to cancel the old one .......

Thanks

Bob H
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:35 am
Company Representative - National Car Rental

In response to your question

Originally Posted by travelismylife
In regard to your question about the membership id field, this is for membership numbers such as AARP, or Auto clubs. This is not for your Emerald club number, as that is asked for further down on the form. I hope this answers your question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.