Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MIA (Int'l Airport Location)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:46 am

Arrived on Saturday night and the Exec Aisle had not much to choose from. Picked a Jeep Laredo. That thing turned out to be the biggest piece of junk. Returned it on Sunday around noon. Wow! What a change in inventory. Picked a fairly new Ford Explorer (5k miles).
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:03 pm

Did you just tell them it was junk and they were cool with the swap?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:58 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
What's a Jeep Laredo?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by dwbf11
What's a Jeep Laredo?
I'm pretty sure it's a trim level of the Jeep Grand Cherokee
http://www.jeep.com/model-compare/de...Code=CUJ201503
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
There isn't an Alamo forum and as they are the same firm with the same fleet at most locations I'd imagine that his answer will be exactly the same whether he had a National or an Alamo reservation. The only fundamental difference is that as a new car enters the fleet it generally starts its life sitting on National aisles before moving over to Alamo as the miles increase.

Alamo also operates the 'pick your car from the aisle' setup - it's exactly the same as National (Because it is National) only without Emerald Aisle or Executive Aisle, just the reserve aisles.
I knew National & Alamo were the same company, but that's about where that ended. I had no idea they had closed the Alamo, etc. forum - I guess National has done a good job of making me loyal. Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by plagwate
I'm pretty sure it's a trim level of the Jeep Grand Cherokee
http://www.jeep.com/model-compare/de...Code=CUJ201503
Guessing more likely a Patriot or Compass. Even the base trim of the GC is a nice riding car.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:31 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by xienon
Guessing more likely a Patriot or Compass. Even the base trim of the GC is a nice riding car.
My thoughts too...I was curious what car OP actually got, because I'll pick a GC, even in lowly Laredo trim, over just about anything else when it's available.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by bobert24
This will only be my 2nd or 3rd time to get a car in MIA, and the others were a while ago. I do remember very clearly that there was construction or something that made finding the rental car return very difficult - I had to use satellite view on my GPS to find a way to get on the stupid road, since everything was blocked. I see others in this thread have had similar issues, at least in the past.

Is the rental car return still nearly impossible to find (if you don't already know where it is), or have they corrected that situation now?

Sorry for the OT, but I really don't ever want to come that close to missing my flight because of a rental car again, and this seemed like the place most likely to have people with this information.
Answering my own question. The construction that affected me previously is gone now. Finding the rental car facility may require following a couple dozen different signs (depending on where you come from), but you'll get there if you do.

Arrived around noon on a Thursday. EA was a little low, so as I walked up, they offered an upgrade to EA, no questions asked. Took a fully-loaded Challenger with 127 miles on it. There were several other of the normal, boring cars previously reported, and an almost equally-new Camaro. The only thing I noticed in EA was a couple Jeep Patriots.

Last edited by bobert24; Aug 1, 2015 at 8:57 am
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bobert24
Jeep Liberties.
Probably a Patriot...
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:15 pm

Somebody knows what I should expect at the aisles on a weekday very early in the morning, around 5 AM. It is pretty empty, or on the contrary, the aisles are mostly full very early.

Thanks in advance,
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by xienon
Probably a Patriot...
You're probably right. I got a Liberty from National at BWI a few years ago, and it's been stuck in my head as their Jeep model since then. By the time I saw them while I was in MIA, I was already zoned in on the Challenger in ES, and just gave a cursory glance at EA to make sure there wasn't anything worth looking at.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by lostfly
Somebody knows what I should expect at the aisles on a weekday very early in the morning, around 5 AM. It is pretty empty, or on the contrary, the aisles are mostly full very early.

Thanks in advance,
It varies but I think it should be full. I'm usually picking up late at night 1-2am and it's empty but in the next hour or so it starts to fill up, although there are no actual National employees at that time. Just ladies arranging the cars.

I think they stock up around 4am for the early redeye arrivals from the West Coast and South America. At 5am you should be fine.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:00 pm

Thanks a lot ^

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
It varies but I think it should be full. I'm usually picking up late at night 1-2am and it's empty but in the next hour or so it starts to fill up, although there are no actual National employees at that time. Just ladies arranging the cars.

I think they stock up around 4am for the early redeye arrivals from the West Coast and South America. At 5am you should be fine.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:15 am

Any recent experiences with the Emerald aisle on MIA? I am arriving around 4pm on a Wednesday, is that a good day to arrive? I prefer a mid-size SUV (bigger is nice ), but I'd rather not like to have a full size sedan. Is that possible?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Silver, MR-Silver, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum, AClub-Platinum
Is there any chance of a getting 7 seater just before Chrsitmas in EA?

Is there any chance of a getting 7 seater just before Chrsitmas in EA?
Will the staff get me one if I ask nicely?
I will keep a backup reservation in case...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.