Search

Saturns in the Aisle

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Saturns in the Aisle

Lots of Saturn Vues (sort of compact SUV) in ES at Detroit DTW today. I saw lots of Saturns Auras in the EA in Orlando a few weeks ago. It looks like Saturn is replacing Buick (and supplementing Pontiac) as a GM Rental Brand.

Today I got a very well equipped Vue XR: 24V V-6, leather, auto climate, AWD.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:06 pm

Hm, I was at SFO this morning.

No Vue, quite a few Rav4, Chevrolet Equinox, Buick Rendezvous, etc.

Never had on Rav4, so I picked one. Now, I regret it, cheap plastics, so so handling, what's so good about it?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:17 pm

I picked up a Saturn VUE at MCI after trading in a disabled Toyota Highlander. I really like the new Saturns, and the new VUE is no comparison to the old model. I've yet to see an Aura, but I helped a friend buy one a few months ago and was really impressed with the quality and options (and the low price for both). I'm hoping to see the Astra on an aisle some day to see how it compares to the European version.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
I've rented a Saturn Ion that was on the EA in Seattle.

I like small cars, but this one seemed particularly cheaply put together.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I liked the Vue when I tried it last year. I'll have to take another look at it...
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Cars with AUX input

Misplaced post - can delete

Last edited by dmodemd; Dec 17, 2007 at 11:50 am Reason: Misplaced post
Old Dec 17, 2007, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I liked the Vue when I tried it last year. I'll have to take another look at it...
The MY 2008 Vue has almost nothing in common with a 2007. Trust me, that's a good thing. They kept the reasonably compact size and little else.

Saturn's image was really trashed by the god-awful compact Ion. The Astra is coming to replace it. The Aura is a midsize sedan (close in dimension and execution to the new Malibu). I haven't seen any Outlooks, a 7-passenger crossover; nor any Sky roadsters, cousin to Pontiac Solstice.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
The astra is a great car. Owned a 3dr version 2ltr SRI in the uk and it was a hoot to drive. I hope the NA version is as good

The aura is a Vauxhall vectra in disguise! And I agree with Jeremy Clarkson on it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.