Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Lots of Discounts Codes - Mousesavers web site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2006, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I did not see this posted, when I did a search.

A large number of major discount codes for National Rent a Car are posted on this link:

http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html

For example, the base rate for one week for an intermediate car in Muai using the emerald club discount was over $230.

The AMEX discount code of 5125601 gave me a base rate of $160! I found another $20 discount for a weekly rental (coupon id# ND41).

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Jul 1, 2006 at 5:31 am
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:51 pm

LOVE MOUSESAVERS! Was able to rent a car in Hawaii for 4 days for less than 90 bucks...and it was a convertible. Too bad at that time I wasn't an EC member..would've paid far less.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII

The AMEX discount code of 5125601 gave me a base rate of $160! I found another $20 discount for a weekly rental (coupon id# ND41).
You can combine those coupons?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:52 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Yes, you can stack coupons with National. Read the Mousesavers link for more info.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:42 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
I don't think you can stack coupons, but as posted elsewhere on this board, you can combine say a "contract ID" from one source and a "coupons" from another.

Originally Posted by Recreation
Yes, you can stack coupons with National. Read the Mousesavers link for more info.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by aljacket
I don't think you can stack coupons, but as posted elsewhere on this board, you can combine say a "contract ID" from one source and a "coupons" from another.
From the Mousesavers National page:

"Discounts, Codes and Coupons
National is unique among rental car companies in allowing you to "stack" multiple discounts when you book online. It offers discounts associated with Contract IDs, Coupons and Product Rate Codes. Learn how to combine these discounts by clicking here."

Link
Old Jul 13, 2006, 4:51 am

Still, I don't think you can stack coupons. Even at Mousesavers they do not list how to do this. They seem to say you can combine discounts:

a Contract ID with associated discount
a Coupon with associated discount
a Product Rate Code with associated discount

I don't see where they say I can "stack" two or more coupons.

From the Mousesavers National page:

"Discounts, Codes and Coupons
National is unique among rental car companies in allowing you to "stack" multiple discounts when you book online. It offers discounts associated with Contract IDs, Coupons and Product Rate Codes. Learn how to combine these discounts by clicking here."

Link

Last edited by aljacket; Jul 13, 2006 at 4:58 am
Old Jul 14, 2006, 9:46 am

They tell you how to stack coupons on the FatWallet thread, page 22, last post. (Sorry I don't know how to link to the specific post.) I've never personally tried to do this, however the fact that National's website has a pull-down menu where you select the quantity of the coupon lends me to believe that it's technically possible.

Link
Old Jul 14, 2006, 3:32 pm

Thanks, I will have to give that a try.

They tell you how to stack coupons on the FatWallet thread, page 22, last post. (Sorry I don't know how to link to the specific post.) I've never personally tried to do this, however the fact that National's website has a pull-down menu where you select the quantity of the coupon lends me to believe that it's technically possible.

Link
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:33 am

Thanks, I will have to give that a try.
Please report back and let us know if it was successful.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Still, I don't think you can stack coupons. Even at Mousesavers they do not list how to do this. They seem to say you can combine discounts:

a Contract ID with associated discount
a Coupon with associated discount
a Product Rate Code with associated discount

I don't see where they say I can "stack" two or more coupons.
Am I understanding correctly, that one can use 2 or more contract discounts, 2 or more coupons discounts, and/or 2 or more product rate code discounts, at once???
Old Jul 18, 2006, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Am I understanding correctly, that one can use 2 or more contract discounts, 2 or more coupons discounts, and/or 2 or more product rate code discounts, at once???
I don't think so. If you go to their webpage (nationalcar.com), you'll see that there's one one line avail for you to enter a contract i.d. and one line for rate/product codes. You cannot enter more than one, but you can definitely combine them. (In other words, you can put in a contract i.d. for, say, Emerald Aisle and a rate/product code for Costco.)

There are, however, multiple lines avail for coupon i.d. That lends me, and others (see link above) to believe that you can stack coupons. Not sure if anyone has been successful at this in practice, but it seems technically possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.