Wiki Posts
Search

Car Class for Free Rental Days

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Car Class for Free Rental Days

Anyone know what car class the EC free rental days are supposed to be good for?

I made a few mock reservations and it is giving me full credit for both SUV and for luxury. I had thought they were only good for a full size, but I can't find anywhere in the T&C where it specifies.

Has anyone made a luxury reservation using their EC free rental days and had a problem?
Old Oct 30, 2005, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
They are good only for up to either an intermediate or full size. However, I have successfully used mine on a SUV at an airport with an Executive Aisle -- just like when I was paying, I had a reservation for an intermediate and I picked a car from the Aisle (this time a SUV) and I "paid" the intermediate price by redeeming my free days and charging the tax on my credit card. At a location without Aisle service, you might not be as lucky, and might have to take something from the car class you reserved.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 3:53 am

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
Originally Posted by Mandelbrot
Anyone know what car class the EC free rental days are supposed to be good for?

I made a few mock reservations and it is giving me full credit for both SUV and for luxury. I had thought they were only good for a full size, but I can't find anywhere in the T&C where it specifies.

Has anyone made a luxury reservation using their EC free rental days and had a problem?

It definitely has to do with status. Earlier this year I was not able to rent above a full size as I was only an Executive. As and Executive Elite, I have been able to use free credits for minivans or SUV's.

This seems to be an unwritten benefit.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarshB
It definitely has to do with status. Earlier this year I was not able to rent above a full size as I was only an Executive. As and Executive Elite, I have been able to use free credits for minivans or SUV's.

This seems to be an unwritten benefit.
Did you get the minivans/SUVs from an off the Executive Isle, or did you reserve the minivan/SUV initially?

I made a luxury reservation using my rentals days, and the only charge on the reservation is the taxes. I just don't want to go to pick up a luxury car and be told that the rental days are not valid for a luxury car and be hit with increased charges or a cancelled reservation.

Hopefully, free rentals of ANY car class are indeed an unpublished Executive Elite benefit. For me this would be an adequate differentiation between executive and executive elite status along with the better conversion rate for credit to rentals.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

I finally found on the website, that it does indeed state that executive elites get:

5 Rental Credits = 1 Free Day Certificate
(any car type based on availability)

On a side note, has anyone actually used the FBO delivery?
Old Nov 5, 2005, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
5 Rental Credits = 1 Free Day Certificate
(any car type based on availability)
I have used this day one of the new program. I usually pick an SUV but occasionally have reserved a van. Works like a charm.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
I was able to book a convertible (non-aisle) at OAK using the electronic free rental days. Loved it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.