Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Enhanced" Website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:51 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
DanKelly, from the right side of the main page of the new site, log in to the Emerald Club area. If the forces and vibrations are with you, the reservation page you can get from within the Emerald Club pages will let you book onto the E.C., and if you have Executive status, let you pick up at the Exec. Selection area if the facility supports the E.S..
Old Oct 14, 2005, 5:03 pm

Programs: NWA, SPG
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
DanKelly, from the right side of the main page of the new site, log in to the Emerald Club area. If the forces and vibrations are with you, the reservation page you can get from within the Emerald Club pages will let you book onto the E.C., and if you have Executive status, let you pick up at the Exec. Selection area if the facility supports the E.S..
Thanks for the reply... After i log in, I get the reservations page... there's no link or mention of the EC on this page... if I fill it out it goes to a page that lets me confirm... I can then go back and select car class... But there is no mention of Emerald Club... Do I just select intermediate and I'm automagically getting EC?

Dan K
Old Oct 14, 2005, 6:11 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Yes, if you have current Em. Club status (or Exec. or Exec. Elite), your bookings made after you log onto the Emerald Club site, should be E.C. bookings. One way you could tell is to complete the res. in this manner and the pick up information ("level of service") should show as the National level you're at (Emerald Club or Executive Selection), provided the renting location is set up for those special pick up areas. You could also call the web toll-free cust. svc. folks who could assist with specific Qs.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 6:04 pm

One enhancement the new website didn't address is that the Rental History page still doesn't display the # of days for individual rentals or YTD.

There is no display on the time of pickup/return either; so it's hard to figure out the exact number by just looking at the dates. I had to drill down on each rental record to determine the number. I had a lot of weekend rentals; so there are many records to click through. It just seems I will be an EE anytime soon, but ... Guess I am too obsessed with the status. It will happen when it happens, right?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Everyone seems to say that you can combine coupons on the new site, but I never get more than one coupon field. Is there a secret I'm missing? I've tried it in several web browsers on several computers, both logged into EC and not.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, HI DIA
Won't take multiple coupons for me either...not sure the new website is much of an "enhancement."
Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:48 am

Programs: UAL (Premier), Hilton (Diamond)
Can't remove contract ID after I log in!

I'm trying to book a one-day rental in Atlanta for Feb 11-12 (weekend). If I *don't* log in, the quoted rate is about $20 for a mid-size (which is what I expect for an off-season weekend rental booked more than a month in advance). After I log in, the rate using my company's contract ID shoots up to $52/day. The problem is, if I start over and delete the contract ID, it keeps popping up in the quoted rate! What's worse, I'm not able to delete the contract ID from my profile.

I've never had this problem before. Usually, I'm able to log in and compare quotes with and without the Contract ID.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:32 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by dcons
I'm trying to book a one-day rental in Atlanta for Feb 11-12 (weekend). If I *don't* log in, the quoted rate is about $20 for a mid-size (which is what I expect for an off-season weekend rental booked more than a month in advance). After I log in, the rate using my company's contract ID shoots up to $52/day. The problem is, if I start over and delete the contract ID, it keeps popping up in the quoted rate! What's worse, I'm not able to delete the contract ID from my profile.

I've never had this problem before. Usually, I'm able to log in and compare quotes with and without the Contract ID.
I've been encountering this problem for the past few weeks, I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.