Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Does anyone get printed rental agreements anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:10 am
Original Poster

I have had dozens of rentals with National over the last couple years, and I almost never get a printed contract for an EA/ES reservation. I've even asked a couple times and been told the printer was broken.

Is it policy not to print out the agreement?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
The neighborhood National I regularly visit always prints out contracts but never at the airport.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 1K
You have to ask, when traveling for biz I normally need a printed copy for parking at government contract sites. If its a personal rental I still ask as it's much easier than on the phone.
Auto Enthusiast, oftech and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:59 am

I was just able to get one yesterday by asking
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
The rental I'm on I was given no contract. The agent at the exit did say what my estimated charges were and since it what I expected, I didn't feel a need to ask.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by m907
I have had dozens of rentals with National over the last couple years, and I almost never get a printed contract for an EA/ES reservation. I've even asked a couple times and been told the printer was broken.

Is it policy not to print out the agreement?
I've asked a couple times when I've wanted one and gotten the same "printer broken" answer.

I do get them handed to me automatically at counter locations like PWM, EWN, etc. But for an EA/ES or even upgrade off the lot, maybe 2 out of 50 times I've gotten a paper contract.

The only times I've really wanted them have been in places where I might not have good phone signal to pull up the app in case I get pulled over, like SGU. Honestly even with the app, it doesn't show your name on the rental details page, so it's really not a good system. You'd have to pair the app with your confirmation email at a minimum. All it will take is for one traffic stop to get out of hand where the cop doesn't believe that the driver is the authorized renter, and then perhaps this will change.
Auto Enthusiast, Ordpc and m907 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond; National-EE; Hertz-PC; WN-A* List
The only time I’ve gotten a printed rental agreement from National airport locations recently have been when I have added an authorized driver at the booth.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Excuses I've gotten at exit gates the past two years:
1. We don't print those anymore
2. The printer is broken
3. We're going green (my follow up- can I please have the print out?) - got a print out
4. I don't know how to print that
5. I already left the screen with your rental, you should have told me sooner, you can go get one at the counter

Glad I haven't been pulled over.
Auto Enthusiast, Ordpc and m907 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:12 pm

I always get a printed contract at checkout! Was pulled over once and thankfully had a contract, so I've always requested one out of habit.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I got one last night, but it was a non-aisle location so I had to go to the counter.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:07 pm

Just got one in Las Vegas

Emerald Aisle upon exit at drive through agent asked if we wanted a print out. Said yes. July 3

However did not get a receipt at check in and one was not emailed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.