Wiki Posts
Search

Emerald club double reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Emerald club double reservation

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I have some questions about the National car rental emerald club. Currently, I am granted an executive tier for the National emerald club through my credit card. I want to utilize this opportunity to rent a car in Seattle. I recently booked a midsize rate car in the executive aisle (EA) and paid the discounted rate, hoping that a minivan will be available at the EA when I arrive. I also reserved a minivan at the Emerald reserve. In case there is no availability of minivan at the EA, can I pick up the minivan from Emerald Reserve aisle while still paying the midsize rate price and cancel the reservation of the minivan? Are there any penalties for canceling the last minute? Thank you so much for your help, folks!

Regards,
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:44 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yes, you can do this. We recommend making the Emerald Reserve reservation for an hour or two after you plan to arrive (picking up early is almost never a problem) so you still have time to cancel via the app should you find a minivan in the aisle.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

AutoSlash, thank you for the quick response. If the executive aisle has no minivan available, do I have to tell the staff on the Emerald Reserve (ER) aisle that I was the one who reserved the minivan? In case the staff refuses to let me pick up the minivan because he/she may think that the minivan has been reserved by someone else. Thank you so much for your help.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:50 pm

I don't think Autoslash understood your question. They answered you can cancel the more expensive Emerald Reserve reservation if you find a minivan on the Executive Aisle. Your question was if you DON'T see one there, can you take a minivan from Emerald Reserve and pay the cheaper Aisle price anyway. Probably not.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Papa Po
Hello everyone,
can I pick up the minivan from Emerald Reserve aisle while still paying the midsize rate price and cancel the reservation of the minivan?
No - that is the whole point of Emerald Reserve.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I don't think Autoslash understood your question. They answered you can cancel the more expensive Emerald Reserve reservation if you find a minivan on the Executive Aisle. Your question was if you DON'T see one there, can you take a minivan from Emerald Reserve and pay the cheaper Aisle price anyway. Probably not.
Yes, we missed the nuance here. We should have said that the vehicles are electronically tagged with the section they came from, so when you drive to the exit booth and they scan the barcode on the window, they would know definitively that it came from the Emerald Reserve section and not the Executive Aisle.
Ordpc, Auto Enthusiast and Papa Po like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

A lot of valuable information. Thank you all! I really appreciate it.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:17 am

I think if it find it in another section, not reserve, you may be okay. I know in Miami there is a mini van section. I’ve heard of ppl just grabbing one there if nothing on the Exec or regular aisle.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Troutster2
I think if it find it in another section, not reserve, you may be okay. I know in Miami there is a mini van section. I’ve heard of ppl just grabbing one there if nothing on the Exec or regular aisle.
Lol that is Emerald Reserve.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
Lol that is Emerald Reserve.
Shrug lol guess it’s ymmv. All about the market. Orlando I would always see vans in Aisle/Exec. Miami not so much.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Troutster2
Shrug lol guess it’s ymmv. All about the market. Orlando I would always see vans in Aisle/Exec. Miami not so much.
Yes you can find minivans on the regular aisle, but during peak times, they will pull them off due to high demand.
When cars are parked under specific sections like the Minivan tag, you can only take them if you have that reservation class. If you don't, then you do the walk of shame.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Yes you can find minivans on the regular aisle, but during peak times, they will pull them off due to high demand.
When cars are parked under specific sections like the Minivan tag, you can only take them if you have that reservation class. If you don't, then you do the walk of shame.
We've had some success with both Hertz and National being friendly with the lot attendants and asking to have a vehicle reassigned to the Emerald Aisle or Ultimate Choice section if nothing is available in the class you're looking for. They are the ones who have the power to move vehicles around virtually. They won't be willing to do it if that class is in short supply, and you have to be realistic in your expectations, but it can work in some situations. YMMV.
kxc262, Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.