Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Corporate contract includes “9 additional drivers”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2021, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite

So my employer’s contract with National includes “9 additional drivers” in the optional features. Does this mean others can drive the car during the rental? Or do they have to be physically added onto the reservation with at the gate when renting the car?

Old May 25, 2021, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ChristopherJN
So my employer’s contract with National includes “9 additional drivers” in the optional features. Does this mean others can drive the car during the rental? Or do they have to be physically added onto the reservation with at the gate when renting the car?
I would say it is best to ignore that instead.

The problem is this is a pre-negotiated benefit. Only your employer can tell you. If you use it contrary to any policy, it can have serious trouble if trouble finds you.

FWIW - car rental companies prefer on record.
Old May 25, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
My company has this benefit as well. My understanding is you have to add them at the exit, but there's no additional charge.
xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old May 25, 2021, 2:13 pm
Company Representative - National Car Rental

ChristopherJN, all additional authorized drivers must appear at the time of rental along with the primary renter and meet age and driver’s license requirements. If we can answer any additional questions for you, please email [email protected] include your full name, reservation number, and any additional details. Thank you! - Carol H.
Old May 26, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
We have the same on our Corp account with National and our travel dept states any company employee can drive that vehicle, they do not have to be on the rental agreement.
Auto Enthusiast and aww3583 like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by kenme1
We have the same on our Corp account with National and our travel dept states any company employee can drive that vehicle, they do not have to be on the rental agreement.
You want to argue this with an official rep?
Old May 26, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kenme1
This has been my experience, too. Anyone employed by the company can drive.

I’ve had more than one exit/desk agent confirm this.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Anyone employed by the same company can drive … for leisure rentals too? I have corporate code for official use and a different one for leisure, with seemingly similar terms and coverages; maybe the official one has SLI included; but both say up to 9 additional drivers included.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by garykung
You want to argue this with an official rep?
Hertz for example differentiates “Authorized Operators” like spouse or employees and “Additional Authorized Operators” meaning anyone else. NationalCares said Additional authorized drivers meaning anyone else.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 11:50 am

Can I add drivers not employed by the same company as me to my rental using my corporate code?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:05 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by AndieNarwhal
Can I add drivers not employed by the same company as me to my rental using my corporate code?
You can always add drivers for a fee. As to whether you can add them for free depends on the terms your employer has with National. Note that in California, all additional drivers can be added without a fee regardless of company or contract.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.