Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Renting at enterprise with National Executive Elite status Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 2:32 am
Original Poster

HI,

I currently have Executive Elite status (Via status Match) and i was planing to do a trip to Spain, however there are only enterprise rental options and the national website redirects me to the enterprise website with my account details already filled.

Do i get any perks for renting using my National account in enterprise aside from the rental credits? or should i create a new enterprise account and try a status match there as well?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2021, 12:49 am

I was wondering the same thing, but something to consider is that I had an enterprise rental count towards my national free day but once I made my plus account then the rewards went to the enterprise account rather than applying towards the free day from national
Old May 7, 2021, 1:38 pm

I don't believe you're officially entitled to any benefits as an Executive Elite at Enterprise, although as @Blaga notes, you are able to credit Enterprise rentals to your National account (just be careful that you are signing into your National account when making the reservation instead of your Enterprise account). Here's a link to an old thread on this question: Is Executive Elite good with Enterprise?

Of course, YMMV with individual agents/stations, but I didn't have any luck the last time I tried a couple of months ago: I had a full-size reservation at Enterprise at SEA, and even though Enterprise and National were running combined operations at that point, and in fact Enterprise was pulling all of its rentals from ES, the agent didn't let me take a specific car from the aisle.

Oddly, my Enterprise profile currently shows me as Platinum, which is the highest status tier—but I've made only a handful of rentals at Enterprise in the past couple years, so not sure if it's because of my status with National. That said, I didn't receive any coupons for free upgrades.

Last edited by KE81; May 7, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Old May 7, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Agreed. All my EE status has entitled me to at Enterprise is the same hard sell on insurance, including the "Management Trainee" calling State Farm to verify my policy (even though I was renting with Plat Amex) and then trying to tell me my insurance was not valid when I could hear him leaving off the -01 on the end of the number. At least one benefit of COVID is no series of stupid handshakes.
Ordpc, xienon, m907 and 4 others like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by JAXPax
Agreed. All my EE status has entitled me to at Enterprise is the same hard sell on insurance, including the "Management Trainee" calling State Farm to verify my policy (even though I was renting with Plat Amex) and then trying to tell me my insurance was not valid when I could hear him leaving off the -01 on the end of the number. At least one benefit of COVID is no series of stupid handshakes.
If they did that to me I'd consider a small claims lawsuit for fraud.
Old May 8, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by m907
If they did that to me I'd consider a small claims lawsuit for fraud.
I got my satisfaction from posting the experience on their Facebook and it got about 300 replies.
Auto Enthusiast, kxc262 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Rented at Enterprise using EC loyalty, booked ICAR assigned ICAR. Bottom of receipt reads:

We hope you enjoyed driving your upgraded Emerald Club vehicle.
Does this indicate eligibility of utilizing EC perks at Enterprise?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:34 am

My EE status does show up on the agent's tablet at enterprise , but that's pretty much it. I got a email asking me to check myself in and select insurance options etc 5 mins before the rental, and thought to myself they may be moving away from the hard sells. Nope, that self check in does nothing .....
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Does anyone know if the EC rental credit applies to international Enterprise locations when my EC information is included when making the reservation online? National's webpage simply says credits are earned at "participating" Enterprise locations - but I cannot find any list or T&Cs that further delinate which Enterprise locations participate and which don't.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
I did get the National rental credits for both my Enterprise reservations at Europe couple weeks back, one from Zurich Airport (AVIOD!) and Amsterdam city location. Status recognition (EE) really depends on the location, I got downgraded at Zurich but was upgraded at Amsterdam. The desk agent mentioned National Emerald members do get a better car from him, which I booked a Small SUV and received a fully loaded XC40 recharge PHEV with 3k km.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
"Me, three" on the EE status giving you nothing at Enterprise. I get the worst car in my class on the lot, but they're willing to upsell me, of course.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Can you use the Enterprise elite check-in line as an Emerald Club Executive member?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Agree that it's a very much YMMV situation. I've never specifically asked for an upgrade, but I always make a point to ask them to confirm that my Emerald Exec number is in the record. At neighborhood locations, in many situations they had only a few vehicles available, including my reserved class, but gave me an upgraded one (presumably on the strength of the Emerald number, but who knows?)
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
Agree that it's a very much YMMV situation. I've never specifically asked for an upgrade, but I always make a point to ask them to confirm that my Emerald Exec number is in the record. At neighborhood locations, in many situations they had only a few vehicles available, including my reserved class, but gave me an upgraded one (presumably on the strength of the Emerald number, but who knows?)
​​​​​​
at my local enterprise
exec elite shows up on agent's tablet(at least in Canada). Also it will show a red exclamation mark if a contract ID is used.
The agent made an emphasis to me last time that he upgraded me from a standard into a full size(Camry). I guess that is an upgrade?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 3:49 am

Recently completed my 1st rental as a National Exec at Glasgow airport, which looks to be mainly an Enterprise shop. Booked a Nissan Qashqai Automatic for a week, got an email saying just go straight to the booth, headed to the booth, and saw a Mercedes GLB200 parked right next to it. I thought someone (else) is getting a fancy car. Start talking to an agent, and another walked me to the car, which ended up being mine. I've never gotten a complimentary upgrade like this before, and I don't expect it to happen again, but the timing couldn't have been more perfect given the circumstances of the trip.
oftech, Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.