Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any NCR/Enterprise cross-benefits for EE?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Enterprise doesn't do one-way rentals.
Ah, thanks for the caveat. There used to be a lot more NCR "co-terminals" (I used to be able to pick up in BUR and return in ONT, or pick up in ONT and return in SAN w/o incurring a one-way rate, but that seems to have changed in the last year). If it's just the day I tend to burn a coupon, but on multi-day rentals it's a pain to have to say, pick-up in SAN then return to ONT and "return" then re-rent for the remaining days in the ONT area, but the one-way rate is easily double the corp rate (and I hate how NCR can't just charge the one-way rate on either the first or last days, not ALL of them )
Old Oct 4, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
It looks like I can status match to gold with enterprise from my Hertz account (AX plat got me Hertz status).

It seems silly when I have 35 rentals this year with National (plus a couple in my Enterprise account) that I need to status match from Hertz to get recognition at Enterprise.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Why not match national Executive Elite to Hertz President Circle. Once that’s complete match Hertz President Circle to Enterprise Plus Platinum. Worked for me without any problems. Took a total of 3-4 weeks to get Hertz (Presidents Circle) and Enterprise (Plus Platinum) top tier after submitting for matches.

After crediting 25 rentals to National I do continue to credit to national as my rentals are almost always 24 hours or less and every 5 rentals I get a free day. It does help though at non-airport locations to show as Enterprise Plus Platinum even when I book the cheapest car and am not crediting to National. Almost always get the best car on the lot.

National Free days are very valuable for me as vacations tend to be one-way rentals and there is no drop fee with National Free Days when returning to a different location.
Auto Enthusiast and kxc262 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:21 am
Original Poster

... Enterprise doesn't do one-way rentals
Perhaps it depends on location (and admittedly, I haven't actually hit the "Reserve" button to see if it'll work) but I've been given the "Return to different location" option when renting from Enterprise while logged in as my NCR EE account.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danhunterpost
Why not [EE to PC to EPP ...?] It does help though at non-airport locations to show as Enterprise Plus Platinum even when I book the cheapest car and am not crediting to National. Almost always get the best car on the lot.
I just status matched to EPG, is there a limit on how quickly you can match forward? I'm almost always crediting to National, however so I wonder if I'd get any additional benefit?
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:34 pm

Why not match national Executive Elite to Hertz President Circle. Once that’s complete match Hertz President Circle to Enterprise Plus Platinum. Worked for me without any problems. Took a total of 3-4 weeks to get Hertz (Presidents Circle) and Enterprise (Plus Platinum) top tier after submitting for matches.

After crediting 25 rentals to National I do continue to credit to national as my rentals are almost always 24 hours or less and every 5 rentals I get a free day. It does help though at non-airport locations to show as Enterprise Plus Platinum even when I book the cheapest car and am not crediting to National. Almost always get the best car on the lot.

National Free days are very valuable for me as vacations tend to be one-way rentals and there is no drop fee with National Free Days when returning to a different location.
Hi! I searched on Enterprise site, but found nothing about match. I have National EE, Platinum AMEX, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold and Hertz Prez Circle. Where could I click to Enterprise Plus Platinum, pleeease?
Old Oct 13, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Why not match national Executive Elite to Hertz President Circle. Once that’s complete match Hertz President Circle to Enterprise Plus Platinum.
I routinely double qualify (aka 170 rental days or 48 rentals per year) for EE, but get treated as a nobody at enterprise. I thought that status matches were once in a lifetime... Can I do it every year?

Last edited by Nitehawk; Oct 15, 2020 at 12:02 am
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:06 pm

The other issue is not getting back to back credit because Enterprise doesn't do one-way rentals.
Your information is outdated as of about 5 years ago. I've done more one-way rentals with Enterprise than I can count for work.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
Your information is outdated as of about 5 years ago. I've done more one-way rentals with Enterprise than I can count for work.
Is this a new policy? I was never able to do one-way rentals except in rare circumstances between certain participating airport locations, and never without a hefty surcharge. If this is a new policy, then I would probably move my back-to-back bookings to Enterprise, except I can never seem to find $-off weekly coupons with them.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I just status matched to EPG, is there a limit on how quickly you can match forward? I'm almost always crediting to National, however so I wonder if I'd get any additional benefit?
Hi! maybe you could answer: what's the exact procedure to request Status Match; is there a link?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 9:52 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Is this a new policy? I was never able to do one-way rentals except in rare circumstances between certain participating airport locations, and never without a hefty surcharge. If this is a new policy, then I would probably move my back-to-back bookings to Enterprise, except I can never seem to find $-off weekly coupons with them.
Many years ago Enterprise used to disallow one-way rentals unless you called them directly, but this hasn't been the case for at least 5+ years. They routinely allow one-ways now--many without any surcharge.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Many years ago Enterprise used to disallow one-way rentals unless you called them directly, but this hasn't been the case for at least 5+ years. They routinely allow one-ways now--many without any surcharge.
Thanks for the update! Now the question is, do they ever offer free day or $-off coupons from any partners? I've never seen that, where I can routinely find $20 off or One Free Day for my weekly rentals with National.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 1:07 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Thanks for the update! Now the question is, do they ever offer free day or $-off coupons from any partners? I've never seen that, where I can routinely find $20 off or One Free Day for my weekly rentals with National.
Unline sister companies Alamo and National, Enterprise doesn't even support coupon codes--only discount codes. Those discount codes most often give a percentage off the standard rates, although in some cases, the discounts may be variable based on the code used. There is no equivalent of say $15 off a weekend rental or $25 off a weekly rental like there is with Alamo and National.

This stems from the fact that in 2007 Enterprise acquired Vanguard Car Rental, which owed the National and Alamo brands. The IT infrastructure was completely separate with Enterprise only supporting a discount code whereas Alamo and National supported both. While the systems both the 3 brands have been made more interoperable over the past decade or so, the capability around discount and coupon codes has remained largely unchanged during that that time.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 2:15 pm

SinglePapa2 here you go,
https://statusmatch.enterpriseplus.com
It took about a week for the upgrade to reflect it in my account, if I remember right.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by sanmandude
SinglePapa2 here you go,
https://statusmatch.enterpriseplus.com
It took about a week for the upgrade to reflect it in my account, if I remember right.
TY! I actually applied Saturday, and was matched to Platinum in about 4 hours. Question is: what do I do with it now? I'd love a cheap rate to drive NY-FL, but not sure Enterprise accommodates right now(?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.