Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to redeem free days in Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

I am not going back to North America until mid January and would love to be able to use up my free days so they don't expire. But it seems like it's not possible to make a single reservation in Europe using those free days. Is that true?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:04 am

I just completed a rental with National in NCL (Newcastle Airport), I used one of my days (exp end of the year) for that rental. The NCL station is actually Enterprise, booking was through National site. Net, yes free days can be used in Europe (at least in some stations, well at least in NCL :-) ).
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jak456
I just completed a rental with National in NCL (Newcastle Airport), I used one of my days (exp end of the year) for that rental. The NCL station is actually Enterprise, booking was through National site. Net, yes free days can be used in Europe (at least in some stations, well at least in NCL :-) ).
Always getting the same error. Probably gonna give them a call to see why is that

Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I've got no valuable information to add but curious to see the outcome of this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

So I called few National locations at Euro airports (mainly Enterprise branches) and they told me that they have had multiple people booking free days without an issue.
And Indeed I finally managed to book a couple reservations (taxes are nuts here) at different airports in Europe (FRA, PRG, etc) by using Android app and removing attached contract. Still no success booking on a laptop but it's not a big deal.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by beirut
So I called few National locations at Euro airports (mainly Enterprise branches) and they told me that they have had multiple people booking free days without an issue.
And Indeed I finally managed to book a couple reservations (taxes are nuts here) at different airports in Europe (FRA, PRG, etc) by using Android app and removing attached contract. Still no success booking on a laptop but it's not a big deal.
Glad to hear you managed to find a way to do this. Making a note for my next trip to Europe.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:01 am

Could it be linked to the Account number ? My booking used a Corporate code.

I just tried to do a dummy booking using my corp code for Jan and it goes through w/o issue using a free day. However, when I use the Southwest Promo Code rate (5030510) I get the same no cars available error that you get (w or w/o using free day).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.