Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW if not Emerald Aisle Vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

What if not Emerald Aisle Vehicle?

I was considering getting a Compact SUV instead of intermediate to save money at a couple locations.

As I cannot use Emerald Aisle, would I have to go to counter, or do they have an area you can still hop in the car you booked and go straight to gate? Thank you!

Last edited by mika911; Aug 3, 2019 at 8:28 pm
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
They have reserve sections for the different SUV's and minivans. You would go to the compact SUV section and pick one.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:00 am

Several markets this year seem to have a pricing anomaly, where small pickup trucks and/or compact SUVs tend to be cheaper than other categories. Seeing the example vehicles are the Nissan Frontier and Ford Ecosport, I can't help but wonder if these models' sales are not meeting manufacturer expectations, resulting in unusually good deals for rental fleets.

Last edited by Auto Enthusiast; Aug 4, 2019 at 10:51 am
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Several markets this year seem to have a pricing anomaly, where small pickup trucks and/or compact SUVs tend to be cheaper than other categories. Seeing the example vehicles are the Nissan Frontier and Ford Ecosport, I can't help but wonder if these models' sales are not meeting manufacturer expectations, resulting in unusually good deals for rental fleets.
I've seen pick-up trucks be cheaper half the time for several years now, or at least pricing below any SUV's. Judging by the amount that is left on the aisle when nothing else is there; they seem to be the slowest rented type in the fleet. No doubt however the rental car agencies probably got them at a very good price.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I've seen pick-up trucks be cheaper half the time for several years now, or at least pricing below any SUV's. Judging by the amount that is left on the aisle when nothing else is there; they seem to be the slowest rented type in the fleet. No doubt however the rental car agencies probably got them at a very good price.
National's pickup trucks are usually low trim and they're the scraps when all the nice cars are picked off the aisle.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by m907
National's pickup trucks are usually low trim and they're the scraps when all the nice cars are picked off the aisle.
Really? 3 weeks ago in Fresno I grabbed an F150 Platinum with 150 miles on the odo. I mean, it's still a truck, but I don't know what other features could be added that this one didn't have.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Really? 3 weeks ago in Fresno I grabbed an F150 Platinum with 150 miles on the odo. I mean, it's still a truck, but I don't know what other features could be added that this one didn't have.
You got a platinum? You sure you didn't just drive away a customer vehicle? lol
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:45 pm

Hertz and National have both been adding more higher-trim pickups lately. In the past year I've gotten Dodge Ram Laramie+Limited+Rebel trucks from Hertz and an F-150 King Ranch from National (missed the Platinum sitting in the lot nearby, another customer was already in it). Other folks on Flyertalk have been seeing them as well.

They're still a small minority of the pickup fleet, but they're floating around out there for sure.
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Agreed with this. I've seem plenty of Ram Big Horns/Laramie at National. Same with F150 Plats/King Ranch. MCI just got some F350s - pretty surprised to see this. Only have seen 1 Ford Ranger so far in the fleet.
missingcolours likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I meant that most I've seen are base trim models, like an F-150 XLT with cloth seats. But I'm glad to hear some are seeing nicer models filtering out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.