Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-writing contract the day before results in $3000 hold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

I was taking advantage of a Florida drive in rate for 4 weeks. The rental length was the longest it could be without increasing the daily rate. The location actually opened the contract the day before. That changed my total rate from $350 to about $3000 for 4 weeks because of the extra day.
The manager ended up honoring the original rate as MODRATE. The nice thing about a MODRATE is that I could return it to any location and it'll keep the same rate. So I don't have to drive to Florida if I don't want to.
Did anyone else have a similar experience
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:57 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Did the Manager specifically state that you could drop it off somewhere outside of Florida at that rate?

If not, I would be very careful doing so as while the rate may not change at drop off, a post rental audit could determine that you did not meet the terms of the original rate and you could be socked with another huge bill.
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.