Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DST (Daylight Savings Time)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:53 am
Original Poster

DST (Daylight Savings Time)

How does National handle a DST change that occurs during the rental? Is the actual duration of the rental still the pertinent fact?

(Mods - if you want to correct the misspelled title, please feel free. Perhaps the greatest travesty of DST is that hardly anyone knows the correct name. )

Last edited by SouthernCross; Nov 4, 2018 at 7:24 am
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:43 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You essentially get a "free hour" if you have the rental when DST ends. Your reservation was originally priced based on the pickup and return times stated so the price is guaranteed, so for example if you picked up on Sat, 11/3 at 12PM and returned on Sun 11/4 at 12PM, it would only be considered a 1 day rental as opposed to 1 day and 1 hour.
ginmqi and SouthernCross like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:18 pm

National's computer system doesn't seem to understand time zones. Try making a cross country one-way reservation and you'll see what I mean. Then compare it to Hertz and Dollar/Thrifty. They do charge for extra hours that you otherwise "gain" going west, and allow a "later" return for hours you would "lose" going east.
AutoSlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.