Search

New rental facility at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
New rental facility at ORD

I received an email from National tonight notifying me of the new consolidated rental car facility at ohare.

I’m there twice a month and had no idea this was happening. Where in the hell is it?

New Consolidated Car Rental Location

Dear Ian,

We look forward to seeing you at the Chicago O'Hare International Airport for your upcoming reservation. National Car Rental has moved to a new consolidated facility. The shuttle is located on the lower level of the terminal. Follow car rental signage to the shuttle bus pick up area. Please utilize the escalators to the left of the National Car Rental counter and proceed to the 3rd floor where the Emerald Aisle is located.

If arriving by car - Due to our recent relocation to the new consolidated facility, your GPS or online directions may not provide accurate information. Please follow signs around the airport to the Rental Car Facility.

For rental returns - Due to our recent relocation to the new consolidated facility, your GPS or online directions may not provide accurate information. Please follow signs around the airport to the Rental Car Facility.

We look forward to serving you upon your arrival.

Sincerely,

National Car Rental

If your reservation was canceled or modified within the past 24 hours, your changes are not reflected in this message.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
A quick Google search...
https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/tof...s/default.aspx

Ron.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
It's a giant garage about a mile north of the old facility. Ultimately it will be served by ATS (judging from the signs). At present, it is served by shuttle buses. The bugs are not entirely out yet.
  • Selection is poor. ES had six cars in total.
  • The buses run in packs. It took me 45 minutes to to the facility from T1, and when the bus came, there were two others with it. This was definitely being coordinated, but I do not know why.
  • I was told by the bus people there is no direct service from T5 at the moment. I was told to go to T123, and change to another bus. National told me there is T5 service. I don't know who is right, but I would definitely leave extra time.
  • Checkout is slow. With a reservation and Emerald Checkout it took 10 minutes because, "none of the cars were in the system". I don't know what that means, but there was quite the backup.
  • Cell reception in the garage is poor, so if you like Emerald Checkout, it may not be possible.
  • Sigage inside the garage is confusing, with temporary signs blocking (important) permanent signs. There are places where signs telling you what not to do (e.g. turn) block signs telling you what to do (e.g. how to exit).
  • Road signs away from the center are also confusing. Foir instance, there is a split in the road with the left side going to Mannheim South and the right going to Mannheim North. There is a sign saying that you want Mannheim South for the airport and highways, but it is on the extreme right. That is, they put the sign telling you to keep left on the right side. I have not tried to return a car yet, so it may or may not be better.
I have a trip in a couple weeks, and despite having enough free days with National, I'm using Silvercar. I think ORD and National need some more time to work the bugs out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.