Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Infiniti Q60 Luxe 3.0t AWD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:36 am
Original Poster

2018 Infiniti Q60 Luxe 3.0t AWD

Going off of Closingracer's thread National has a few of these, and they look a lot nicer than the Q50 in my opinion. The grille design is more aggressive. I believe they're also classified as GXARs.

versus the Q50:

- More fun to drive than the Q50, handles slightly better too
- Looks sleeker than the Q50, great looking standard wheels
- Same great engine and Bose Performance audio
- Very little spare headroom
- Less cargo/passenger space
- Steering is numb (but maybe this is also shared with the Q50)
Closingracer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Going off of Closingracer's thread National has a few of these, and they look a lot nicer than the Q50 in my opinion. The grille design is more aggressive. I believe they're also classified as GXARs.

versus the Q50:

- More fun to drive than the Q50, handles slightly better too
- Looks sleeker than the Q50, great looking standard wheels
- Same great engine and Bose Performance audio
- Very little spare headroom
- Less cargo/passenger space
- Steering is numb (but maybe this is also shared with the Q50)

There is actually a video on YouTube comparing both from TFL car which basically said the same thing in terms of handling and etc. I also could of taken a Q60 but I needed the trunk and passenger space .
Old May 4, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
I'm renting a Q60 right now. Gotta say the infotainment interface is pretty weak on this. The one I'm driving does not have navigation, so the large upper screen is kinda wasted. No Apple Carplay or Android Auto. Q60 has the looks, but no smarts.

Paperwork lists the class as "EXOTIC SPORT"
txviking likes this.

Last edited by mobil11030; May 4, 2018 at 10:31 pm
Old May 5, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I was lucky enough to snag a Q60 3.0t off Hertz's PC section yesterday. It's definitely sportier than the Q50 with wider tires and slightly firmer suspension. I thought it was pretty fun on the back roads and corners really flat. But you can feel the weight of the car around the corners as it's a few hundred pounds heavier than a ATS, 3 series or CLA.
My favorite thing about the car is the styling and the look of the LED front and rear lights.
Old May 5, 2018, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by mobil11030
I'm renting a Q60 right now. Gotta say the infotainment interface is pretty weak on this. The one I'm driving does not have navigation, so the large upper screen is kinda wasted. No Apple Carplay or Android Auto. Q60 has the looks, but no smarts.

Paperwork lists the class as "EXOTIC SPORT"
Infiniti/Nissan infotainment has been terrible for years. As others advance it looks worse and worse.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m907
Infiniti/Nissan infotainment has been terrible for years. As others advance it looks worse and worse.
Infiniti seems like the most neglected car brand. At least Nissan is getting relatively new models. On the other hand, the QX60 and QX80 have looked largely the same for a decade, save for minor cosmetic refreshes. The Q50 and Q60 are getting long in the tooth and have undercompetitive infotainment. Mind boggling.
m907 and strickerj like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:52 pm

At least NissanConnect on the Maxima supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay. If I remember correctly, the Bluetooth audio interface is better too.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:49 pm

Infiniti seems like the most neglected car brand. At least Nissan is getting relatively new models. On the other hand, the QX60 and QX80 have looked largely the same for a decade, save for minor cosmetic refreshes. The Q50 and Q60 are getting long in the tooth and have undercompetitive infotainment. Mind boggling.
Qx30 was new last year. QX50 just launched. The current Q60 was new for 2016 and the QX60/JX35 debuted in 2012.

Agree that infotainment sucks but at least bluetooth streaming was rock solid for me. Also the G meter in the infotainment system is a lot of fun to look at.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xienon
Qx30 was new last year. QX50 just launched. The current Q60 was new for 2016 and the QX60/JX35 debuted in 2012.

Agree that infotainment sucks but at least bluetooth streaming was rock solid for me. Also the G meter in the infotainment system is a lot of fun to look at.
The QX60 is basically the same as the JX35. Exact same interior, largely the same exterior (maybe new headlights). What is wrong at Infiniti HQ?
Old May 9, 2018, 6:35 pm

The QX60 is basically the same as the JX35. Exact same interior, largely the same exterior (maybe new headlights). What is wrong at Infiniti HQ?
Just renaming to another nonsensical string of letters and numbers.

The QX60 is a midsize/large crossover, the QX70 is a tiny crossover, the QX80 is a large SUV. There's no relation between the names and the cars. Just nonsense.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 8:57 pm

Just renaming to another nonsensical string of letters and numbers.

The QX60 is a midsize/large crossover, the QX70 is a tiny crossover, the QX80 is a large SUV. There's no relation between the names and the cars. Just nonsense.
The numbers correlate to where the vehicle is in the Inifiniti line by the starting base price:

QX60 - $43,300
QX70 - $45,850
QX80 - $64,750
Old May 10, 2018, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by mobil11030
The numbers correlate to where the vehicle is in the Inifiniti line by the starting base price:

QX60 - $43,300
QX70 - $45,850
QX80 - $64,750
May be true, but what does the 60/70/80 refer to? What does QX even mean? All the luxury brands have nonsensical strings of letters and numbers. 435i, GLA, ATS, etc. None of them mean anything.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:55 am

May be true, but what does the 60/70/80 refer to? What does QX even mean? All the luxury brands have nonsensical strings of letters and numbers. 435i, GLA, ATS, etc. None of them mean anything.
30/50/70/80 - seems pretty common sense - the larger the number, the larger the vehicle. QX is the SUV line for Infiniti, Q is the car line. Audi uses A's and S's for cars, Q's for SUVs. BMW uses numbers for cars (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) and X for SUV's (x1, x3, x5). Mercedes uses C,E,S for cars, G's for suvs. (GLA,GLC,GLE,G). We can go all day.

And if you really want to think about it, nothing about vehicle names mean anything for the most part (Always exceptions). Most car names are made up. Numbers in german cars used to mean engine size, (500 SL - 5.0 L v8 engine)

Most Car names are made up - What does Camry mean? Altima? Sonata? Elantra? When you think about Fords (Except the mustang), do you think about mental "Focus", Scientific "Fusion", A bull "Taurus'?

Just trying to explain that if you do your research, you can figure them out pretty quick.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:06 pm

Infiniti confused people when they switched over to the Q/QX## naming scheme since people actually got used old letter scheme.

The G was a good sports sedan, EX was the small SUV, JX was the bigger SUV. I still find myself sometimes forgetting what's a QX60/70/80. The 70 is actually smaller than the 60,
strickerj likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by khigbee
30/50/70/80 - seems pretty common sense - the larger the number, the larger the vehicle. QX is the SUV line for Infiniti, Q is the car line. Audi uses A's and S's for cars, Q's for SUVs. BMW uses numbers for cars (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) and X for SUV's (x1, x3, x5). Mercedes uses C,E,S for cars, G's for suvs. (GLA,GLC,GLE,G). We can go all day.

And if you really want to think about it, nothing about vehicle names mean anything for the most part (Always exceptions). Most car names are made up. Numbers in german cars used to mean engine size, (500 SL - 5.0 L v8 engine)

Most Car names are made up - What does Camry mean? Altima? Sonata? Elantra? When you think about Fords (Except the mustang), do you think about mental "Focus", Scientific "Fusion", A bull "Taurus'?

Just trying to explain that if you do your research, you can figure them out pretty quick.
Except larger number doesn't mean larger car for Infiniti. The QX70 is smaller than the QX60.

BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc., those are just random letters and numbers that don't mean anything. Actual names may be silly but at least they are memorable and actual words.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.