Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Infinti Q50 3.0T

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

2018 Infinti Q50 3.0T

This has been the same generation since the 2014 model year but has gotten a face-lift in the 2016 model year . As far I can tell this is the same as the 2017 model year with the exception of a new steering wheel. Infinti still offers the Bose performance series sound system but I noticed in the past National models has the system in the 3.0t lux trim this 2018 model does not have the bose sound system. Not sure if it was standard or an option but it is part of a package which national never ordered. The package it's included now has the power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, memory seats and real leather seats among other things

They still classify this car as a GXAR full size elite

This model has AWD as well.

300hp Twin turbo v6
AWD
MPG City is 19 city and 27 highway for the AWD model
Leatherette seats
Two screen infotainment screen
Auto dimming rear view mirror
​​​​​​Moon roof
7 speed automatic transmission

This car is rear wheel drive biased and is quite fun to drive. The V6 makes it fun but at the expense of fuel economy. For a compact luxury sedan it's bigger the most others it competes with like the Mercedes C class and the BMW 3 series in terms passenger space. The car looks handsome but I do think a full redesign is needed soon in a few years.

Last edited by Closingracer; Apr 2, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
My daily driver is a 2018 Q50 Sport. I love how fast they are!

They re-did the packages/trim levels on the 2018 models so you can only get Bose on the higher trims.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
My daily driver is a 2018 Q50 Sport. I love how fast they are!

They re-did the packages/trim levels on the 2018 models so you can only get Bose on the higher trims.
I figured but I couldn't remember if it was standard on the 3.0t lux or not. The base sound system isn't bad actually.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
I have had two (one AWD in DEN and a RWD from MCO) in the past few months. The AWD in DEN didn't have the Bose system, the RWD from MCO did.

VERY nice cars and one of my favorites, quick as hell and I easily beat the hwy MPG figures in the RWD car as that trip was ~5 hours freeway travel from MCO-RSW. 30 MPG vs 28 rating and that was at a mix of 65-80 cruising.

The only downside is National versions I have had didn't have NAV and Infiniti is late to the Apple CarPlay or Android Auto game. Makes the trip more of a chore when you have to hold your phone and watch for turns when driving on surface streets.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
I have the AWD one now. Very nice. The trip computer seems overly optimistic about the mileage. I'll know better when I return it.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
I have the AWD one now. Very nice. The trip computer seems overly optimistic about the mileage. I'll know better when I return it.
After ~5 hours and ~3/4 tank of gas it was within .3 MPG vs hand calculations based on my pre-airport fillup that had about 3 extra clicks of the handle, but as you know we don't know if the prior renter topped it up or what type of fuel was put in it.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
OK, so here are the final numbers: the computer states 25 MPG. I drove 118 miles and added 6.77 gallons, taking me from 3/4 to fuller than full. Could "full" be down 2 gallons? I guess maybe.

It was one of the two nicest cars I ever rented from National. The other was a BMW 430i.

Last edited by Miles Ahead; May 5, 2018 at 8:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.