Wiki Posts
Search

Initial Rental Agreement?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Initial Rental Agreement?

I am trying to file a claim with Chase credit card insurance and they keep asking for the "Initial Rental Agreement". I have been on the phone with them and National trying to get the proper documentation to them and nothing seems to work. National's damage recovery unit has been very helpful and talked to the insurance folks directly and sent over my wife's Emerald Club profile and other info. I have sent the rental confirmation email as well as a copy of the printout we received when we exited the rental lot. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:42 pm

If this was rented with an Emerald Club number, send them the Emerald Club master rental agreement found here.
https://www.nationalcar.com/content/...Eff%202018.pdf

I actually had the exact same issue. Filed a claim on my Saphire Reserve coverage and they kept asking for the rental agreement. After I uploaded the Emerald Club master rental agreement, they paid in a couple of weeks.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That is the entire purpose of the MRA. It is the rental agreement. No need to call anyone, simply send it in.
mangoMan likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!! I just uploaded it to the claims site. Not sure why the National rep didn't send this particular file. Hopefully this is the magic bullet.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Well, no magic bullet. They are still saying they need the Initial Rental Agreement....sigh. Will have to call to figure out what exactly it is that they need (again).
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Well, no magic bullet. They are still saying they need the Initial Rental Agreement....sigh. Will have to call to figure out what exactly it is that they need (again).

My friend had a similar issue. Can you go back to the location?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Closingracer
My friend had a similar issue. Can you go back to the location?
Not physically (anytime soon) as it was JFK and I'm in California. But maybe I can figure out how to contact them directly. At this point I am at a loss as to what piece of info they are really after in the "Initial Rental Agreement". Hopefully I can get through to the actual claims adjuster handling our case when I call next week (I figure I won't get that person if I call on the weekend).
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

In case anyone runs into a similar problem, I figure I'd post the outcome of this situation. The issue was that they needed proof we had reserved the car and paid for the rental using the same credit card. The payment was shown on the rental receipt I had uploaded. My first attempt to upload the "initial rental agreement" was simply the confirmation email. I goofed in that I only uploaded the first page of this email and didn't notice the credit card info was on a second page. Once I learned what they were looking for, I re-examined the email and uploaded both pages. Viola...problem solved! They then paid the claim. The important thing I take away from this experience was that you should always pay for your rental with the same card you use to secure the reservation (and double-check the docs you upload ).

An added note: both the rep at the National damage recovery unit and the folks at Chase's Card Benefit Services were super friendly and helpful.
ginmqi and funnyfarm299 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:44 pm

Easiest way to keeping this simple is leave out word "initial" and simply focus or Rental Agreement (RA). That is the number printed on paperwork when vehicle is taken out, returned, listed under your profile under "Trips" and so forth. It is also the number used when contacting National about problems or concerns with a rental such as seeking to apply free rental days.In instances such as this the RA works as sort of a receipt; it shows how the rental was reserved and paid for when closed out.Yes, it is never wise to reserve/drive a rental under one credit card then pay with another at return. This is unless you are totally sure nothing is going to come back days, weeks or even months later to bite you in the behind.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 1:50 pm

I have never had any damages to a rental car before but I read through the terms/conditions and National/Enterprise on top of damage repair cost and lost use will also charge a diminution of car value, but my credit card insurance doesn’t cover for diminution value and says lost use needs to be “reasonable” and National/Enterprise appears to have a formula for lost use. Has anyone ever encountered issues with National/Entwrprise using a credit card insurance?
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by boeing19701
I have considerable amount of experience in rental car claims and would really like to know about your case with intent to help you solve it. Can you tell me what the damage they claim was caused to the rental? I'm sorry, this is the first time I use this website.
I would like to mention, I feel certain that I can help you with the rental agreement. I believe I just read that. So if I didn't misread, let me know.
thanks! Sorry I just wanted to be clear I don’t have any claims and hopefully never will but I was a bit scared after reading the fine print that the agency will charge for loss value (on top of damage repairs and loss of use) but my credit card insurance does not cover loss value and I am. Or about scared about now buying the CDW if loss value is a lot of money or they don’t actually charge people for it. My credit card also wants for loss use the right to see the car’s prior fleet usage but I don’t think National gives that as National has a formula. Basically I guess I am scared that my credit card may cover the damage itself but I am still on the hook for a hefty loss of use and loss of value claim and I am not sure what other people experience have been as I am sure my credit card policy is similar to most people’s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.