Emerald Executive status match offer

Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:54 am
  #1  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Posts: 21,620
Emerald Executive status match offer

Apply now through December 31, 2017 as described here.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
nsx is offline  
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:32 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 102
Just sent an email for EE match, there is no mention how long the match status is good for, hopefully longer than 12/31 or 2/28
Yu Zhong is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:33 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Laguna Beach CA
Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Posts: 720
Looking at the t &c s for the standard status match applied to Hertz and Avis, it indicates that the status match will be good until Feb 28 of the second year following the match. Not sure if it applies to status matches for other programs, one would think it should.
dlflyer2 is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:13 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Posts: 2,319
I'll miss keeping EE status this year, but I did make Executive.

I've had HH-Diamond status for 5 years and have earned it for 2018. The website linked above didn't work, but it did provide an email address to submit the required information. I didn't receive any confirmation of receipt.

This would be a nice pickup if it goes through.
aww3583 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:20 am
  #5  
Moderator: National Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SE MI
Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Posts: 2,168
Originally Posted by aww3583
I'll miss keeping EE status this year, but I did make Executive.

I've had HH-Diamond status for 5 years and have earned it for 2018. The website linked above didn't work, but it did provide an email address to submit the required information. I didn't receive any confirmation of receipt.

This would be a nice pickup if it goes through.
I agree, I'm in the same position as you and the weekend rates at my home base have been too high this fall to justify "rental running" to re-up EE. Hertz renewed me at PC for next year already, so hopefully if this link option does not work, I can fall back on a Hertz match. Please keep us updated on how you fare with this.
dwbf11 is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:15 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 102
Received matched EEE status this morning, no mention of status expiration date, is there any way to check how long your status lasts?
Yu Zhong is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:53 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 880
Originally Posted by Yu Zhong
Received matched EEE status this morning, no mention of status expiration date, is there any way to check how long your status lasts?
On the website there is I believe.
Closingracer is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:02 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Posts: 2,319
Originally Posted by Yu Zhong
Received matched EEE status this morning, no mention of status expiration date, is there any way to check how long your status lasts?
How long did it take to receive the status match confirmation?
aww3583 is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:00 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 102
7 or 8 days.
Yu Zhong is offline  
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:59 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Posts: 2,319
Submitted info on 11/4. No response yet. I sent an update request in through the webform. Waiting on a response.
aww3583 is offline  
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:34 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Posts: 2,319
Originally Posted by aww3583
Submitted info on 11/4. No response yet. I sent an update request in through the webform. Waiting on a response.
Got the response below from National:

Under the terns and conditions of the status match program, we will match with either of our rental car competitors Hertz and Avis. I'm afraid the Hilton HHonors program would not qualify for offer.

You can view the details from this link:
https://statusmatch.emeraldclub.com/
It appears the email agent is unaware of the status match offer. I'll update as I learn more.
aww3583 is offline  
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:48 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 18
Submitted my request on 10/31, no response. Have sent 2 follow up emails and contacted Emerald Club via phone as well. The agent on the phone mentioned that they only match against Hertz & Avis as well similar to what the above post says. Hoping for an update to come through soon.
kmt381 is offline  
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:15 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Posts: 2,319
Originally Posted by kmt381
Submitted my request on 10/31, no response. Have sent 2 follow up emails and contacted Emerald Club via phone as well. The agent on the phone mentioned that they only match against Hertz & Avis as well similar to what the above post says. Hoping for an update to come through soon.
Just got a response saying that my email submission was never received. I never received any notifications of undeliverable mail, so I assume other email submissions could have had similar issues.
aww3583 is offline  
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:43 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PHL
Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Posts: 2,379
Originally Posted by aww3583
Got the response below from National:



It appears the email agent is unaware of the status match offer. I'll update as I learn more.
There are two status match promotions. The link you referenced is for status match against Hertz and Avis. There is a different status match promotion against airline and hotel status. Try this link: https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/ca...tus-match.html

I submitted 11/9 and Emerald Club profile upgraded to Executive Elite. Took about 10 days to process; still waiting on details regarding when matched status expires.
Segments is offline  
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:20 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 375
Originally Posted by dwbf11
I agree, I'm in the same position as you and the weekend rates at my home base have been too high this fall to justify "rental running" to re-up EE. Hertz renewed me at PC for next year already, so hopefully if this link option does not work, I can fall back on a Hertz match. Please keep us updated on how you fare with this.
I'm probably going to end up doing a 2 day "Rental Run" that I don't really need locally in between two personal trips in December that I can partially justify by not using airport parking. EE is only worth it to me for the ability to redeem free days on classes up to Luxury SUV.
NCLSEA123 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.